[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The weaker *** can pack a big punch in business! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The weaker *** can pack a big punch in business!

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The weaker *** can pack a big punch in business!

Postby marshamaung » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Judging from the title itself, you’re probably expecting a men-bashing article about the kind of injustice that men cause women and about how women should learn how to hold their can of pepper spray in hand (facing the right direction, of course, unless the women plan to blind themselves) the moment they catch a whiff of a MAN.

Well….er, no. Not really.

I am here to explain and give some good examples of why and how women can do what they want to do in business and reap full benefits of the structure that they have chosen to adopt. I want to encourage them and tell them that women can make good business owners.

Women in business are better in dealing with people, i.e, business will be better simply because of the fact that women have higher levels of emotional intelligence (EI or EQ). What does emotional intelligence have to do with business? A whole lot, if you ask me. Let’s, first, define emotional intelligence in the business context, shall we? EQ is defined quite loosely as ‘social skills and ambition or self/personal strength’. If a person have high EQ, he or she (staying safely on the fence for now, until conclusion) is better able to deal with problems at work, better at finding solutions, is better able at controlling emotions and regaining strength after a down fall. They can communicate better with others, winning them brownie points easily, in terms of bringing in the business.

It seems that a person with high EQ (man or woman) is 67% more likely to be successful in business. And considering the fact that women, generally speaking, have higher EQs, we can safely say that they are better as business people.

In order to be successful in business, you need 1/3 of IQ, 1/3 of social skills and 1/3 of drive and ambition.

And here’s another reason why I think women are better business people. According to the Millionaire Mind, ‘being honest with people’ and ‘getting along with people’ is ranked #1 and #3 as the needed ingredients for becoming a millionaire. And isn’t it a coincidence that women have both these skills as naturally as they come.

Don’t believe me? Think about it.

Being honest with people. “That client is such a bitch. I don’t want to do business with her” and “Sweetheart, stop messing with my kitchen”.

Getting along with people: “Did you know that Sarah just had an abortion and then she was dumped by that godawful man who has a tattoo on his behind? Imagine that…and did you know that……blah blah blah”. Now, that’s what’s called getting along with people.

Ok, there’s something else that you may want to look at if you’re still not convinced. How about this? SQ stands for social skills and since social skills make up for 1/3 of the ingredient of being successful in business, get this. Women score an average of 103 for SQ as compared to males who got an average of 96.

So, women are better at social skills and emotional intelligence and viola! We have already won 2/3 of the battle.

Conclusion
Let me repair some of the damage that I may have done with this article now. Men have better IQs.

This article was prompted by an email from a friend who started a cake-baking business from home. She quit her job of 8 years after she had her first child and decided to start the business from home, hoping that it could get her the kind of income she had when she was in the corporate world. Within 3 months after starting the business, she was still making loses. And despite the countless emails from me (of course, I persuaded her to stick with it), she decided to quit her business and rejoin the work force because there was stability.

In her email, she also mentioned that she (and women, in general) is just not made for the business world. She said she will rather get the monthly check instead of wondering whether there’s any business tomorrow, the next day, the next week, the next month!

And because she felt so discouraged, I decided to write this article to prove to her that women can really pack a business punch – but only if they stick with it and persist. The reason why she gave up her business – she lacked ambition.
marshamaung

Re: The weaker *** can pack a big punch in business!

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:01 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby All Blog News » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Lynn:

You are correct! Gender most certainly does not matter! I was just getting ready to "go off" on that article and its author, until your common sense post calmed me down. I'm still steaming, so it's best I not respond to Marsha! :evil:

Clinton
All Blog News

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:56 pm

LOL, I was afraid that would happen :D

I was actually taken aback until I read the reason that Marsha put this together (to encourage her friend). Friends and communities can be very important when you move from a traditional work environment to start your own business or work from home. It can be very isolating, and so I applaud Marsha for reaching out to support & encourage her friends and peers.

Though I do still stand by my feelings on the topic - that the potential for success is based more on the individual than their gender.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby All Blog News » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:32 am

I understand what you're saying. Perhaps she should have just shared something that inflammatory with her friend, and not post it publicly. Be that as it may, I'm still with you on this one. Gender has nothing to do with an individuals success! :D

Clinton
All Blog News

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:48 am

You're probably right.

Marsha, your thoughts on that?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business