This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

best way of offline marketing?

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

best way of offline marketing?

Postby Juliusanderson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:04 am

One of the best and most inexpensive ways to market your business locally is by word of mouth. Word spreads fast and this can be beneficial for freelancers who are trying to gain new clients and increase their popularity.Another way to get the word out regarding your freelance business in your local area is to take advantage of free local magazines/newspapers available in your vicinity.

In your views, which is the best way of offline marketing?
Juliusanderson

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 am

It's interesting that you say word of mouth - because, my husband has been in business for around 25 years and has never advertised. (well, I can't say never, he has been talked into it once or twice by friends...) but, mostly - he can't stand advertising - he doesn't use truck decals or anything...

And yet - he ALWAYS seems to have business. He often has too MUCH business.

Word of mouth is definitely powerful.

I also like the other methods you suggested. Another good one is bulletin boards at local colleges.

And ads in the back of neighborhood association monthly newsletters.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:24 am

I actually have run my ONline web design business primarily through word of mouth as well - it's a powerful thing. ;)

As for other offline marketing methods, attend local networking groups, like Chamber of Commerce, BNI meetings, etc...
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business