This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Questions: Starting My Offline Business

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Questions: Starting My Offline Business

Postby SusanN » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:02 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask questions.

I want to start a "Word Processing," work at home business. I've been doing a lot of research on the internet and off line. I would like to start a "Resume" business and also offer other services. So, here goes my questions.

Since I would like to start a Resume typing service in one of many cities in Canada they do offer people work shops for people doing there resumes with couching. If anyone here has a Resume typing business do you have the same thing in your city?

We have a college in our city and my husband said to me that I can type up term papers. Since I know the MLA from one of the projects from ms word 6.0, there are 3 typed pages in all. I know that term papers can be very long. Does anyone offer this type of service if so can you tell me the average pages that you type and some tips.

I am thinking how I would like to be paid. Do you ask clients to pay in "Full," before you start a service, a deposit or half now and the balance later?

For example just say I typed up a resume for a new client, I would like them to see the finished product and if they would like something changed or changes of course I would change it free of charge. I'll be offering via e mail, fax or drop off. For them to see the finished product.

I don't want to under charge or over charge for my services. I do know what I am going to charge for a resume. What about a term paper?

I'll be upgrading my software to MS Office. Also, my d drive doesn't work so my husband and I are getting that fixed.

Before I wrap this up. Thank you Karie for "57" ways to Advertise offline/online.

:D

SusanN
SusanN

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business