[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My business story! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My business story!

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

My business story!

Postby angienewton » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:16 pm

Hello! I'm Angie, married to a very supportive husband and am a stepmom of two. We live in IL but I am originally from Northern Virginia. I introduced myself in the Intro forum so you can read more about me there!

Here's my business story (as requested by Lynn :wink: )

I'm an independent party manager through a direct sales company, 1800PARTYSHop. I started my home business in June 2001, while still teaching Kindergarten. In September 2001 I left my job to come home and work my business full-time.

I found my business in my search to find a work at home job and have never looked back. It was then my intention to incorporate full event planning in the beginning, as some of my fellow consultants have chosen to do but I have found the work I do now fulfilling. I enjoy the flexibility of choosing my own hours and being available for my family. But you never know, I may expand in the future!

Right now, I focus on retailing products, fundraising and building a team of others who want to start their own business. I help my customers plan their celebrations, help organizations raise much needed funds and find satisfaction also in helping my team reach goals they have set for themselves.

1800PARTYSHop is a One Stop Shop for ALL your celebration needs. I am proud to offer theme parties, gifts, candles, a gourmet food line and much more. I enjoy helping others plan for their special celebrations. For some I just provide a few party tips and ideas and for others I assist in planning for their entire event from what type of food to serve, gifts to purchase, decor, etc. And I do this all by email and phone! I really enjoy all aspects of my business!

Just recently I added a second direct sales company to my plate, a sister company to partyshop called Megan's Pantry. Through Megan's Pantry, my husband and I offer a wide selection of gourmet foods through relaxed home gatherings, fairs, catalog shows and fundraisers. I will also build a team of consultants through Megan's Pantry. I love this addition because I can now share everything I have to offer to more people at one time!

I am extremely happy with how both businesses are growing and look forward to a very successful future.

I look forward to getting to know all of you too so please share your story as well.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:28 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angienewton » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:31 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:15 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Angie

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:18 pm

Paula

Re: Angie

Postby angienewton » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:03 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:12 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:23 pm

Postby Vash » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:02 pm

Vash

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:16 pm

Congrats, Michael & Welcome!

I look forward to hearing more from you :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Megan's Pantry/Responding to Angie

Postby LeeJay » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:01 pm

LeeJay

Postby partyelf » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Hey LeeJay, I see that no one has gotten around to answering your question. I'll try my best. I'm not with Megan's Pantry or Tastefully Simple, but a different food company. I would say that having another consultant in your area will not make much difference to your area. You are going to find a wide range of how people work their business. If you take 5 consultants with the same company, the first one signed up and never did anything with the company again. The second and third one signed up to gain a personal discount. The fourth one only sells to close family and friends. It is the fifth one that is actively out there selling and recruiting to their business. And that fifth one has only so many hours in the day and reach, so they can not possibly get to everyone in your town. If you take a small informal poll of 10 random people say in the grocery store and ask them if they have bought or heard of Tastefully Simple from that consultant, most likely only 1 has. There is potentially 9 other people that you can get as a customer or a prospective member of your team.

So in a nutshell, what I am saying is it is all in what you make of it, how hard you work it and not so dependant on others in your area. Good luck to you in whatever you decide :D
partyelf
Elite Member

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success