[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - ....Is Network Marketing Easy??.... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

....Is Network Marketing Easy??....

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

....Is Network Marketing Easy??....

Postby FreedomFire » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Hi Ya'll,

Another grass roots ... soul searching... cut to the chase issue from me. (expect anything less LOL)

John Milton Fogg's answer to the question posed by this thread is priceless......"It is simple, but it isn't easy."

Captures it pretty well I'd say. That's the message. It's not hard to understand...should/is fun.....but does take some effort.

Sending any message to prospects that denies effort is involved or necessary....misleads folks into becoming part of the "failed or quit" statistics.

It leads to false expectations.

They start to think they can sit on the couch with beer & potatoe chips watching TV all day....and the money will roll in by itself.

Lays, Coronas, and Dr. Phil aren't going to build your business.

YOU are.

In my mind (OK...my opinion)....that's the core of any message they should receive.

If you really care...that's what you'll tell them.

Be honest....

What do YOU think????

God Bless,
Michael
FreedomFire

Postby DeadInToIt » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:50 pm

Truer words Michael ...... Truer words .........

By virtue of the fact it is called "Network" Marketing should say something in and of itself.

Unfortunately, as long as there are people that are uneducated enough or gullible enough, there will be people around, "sending messages to prospects that denies effort is involved or necessary....misleads folks into becoming part of the "failed or quit" statistics".

Just networking with people for any reason requires being organized, maintaining a database and continually improving your communications skills. This involves work. A lot of work.

It doesn't matter whether you are networking to find a job, learn more about a particular subject or actually marketing something. It takes work.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people fall for the hype.

However, I am admittedly at odds with the people at "Profit Masters" who put together the Flash Presentation about Emerald Passport. The presentation, while well done, does specifically say the "System", does 98% of the work for you. NOT!

98% of the work is a real stretch at best. I would put it at more like 85 or 90%. The remaining 10 to 15% is SERIOUS work. And as for the "The system does all the selling for you", statement some EPI people use on their sites and ads, that is true as well, BUTonly if you want to just make the very rare sale where somebody goes through the whole process and signs up without ever talking to you. That would lead to some very lean times if you don't have literally thousands to throw at advertising.

A group of directors and myself are making concerted effort through channels to rein in the insinuations that this business can be done without work.

Still, with the quality of the product, and my telling prospects up front that there is indeed real work involved, to attain the kinds of income the presentation makes reference to .......... well, my conscience is clear.

Unfortunately, in this business as with many, the people that aren’t straight with their prospects find out the hard way they have recruited a lot of people that wont do any work because they were told they wouldn’t have to. And they are the one'd then whining about how, "It's the companies fault" or "It's a bad Product" or "My Director was a drag" or, or, or, or ............................. the loosers lament continues.

Therefore, for the gullible, they will either learn the hard way or their common since will put them in the, “Survival of the fittest”, group. The others of course will fall prey to the jackals and hyenas that are too weak to sell anything without lying and be left as ugly carcasses for uneducated others to be perceived as casualties of Network Marketing. As though "Network Marketing", were the culprit when it is actually supposed network marketers that lie.

Sorry, didn't meant to get on a rant here, but you struck a cord here.

"Network Marketing", just like anything else will have those that try to take unfair advantage of the un-informed or naive.

My 2¢ worth, (Maybe 15¢?) :roll:
DeadInToIt

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Two great posts in a row, guys - and excellent points made. Well said!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Your Life is Your Attitude, Your Attitude is Your Life!

Postby WatkinsWAHM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:22 am

Great posts and Amen! I have been a network marketer for a little over 6 months now. It amazes me what people promise new prospects in terms of financial return. There is no way to guarantee that in this business! If you have someone who is working everyday, consistantly and remaining focused, obviously they are going to make more money than someone who works an hour a day, just thinking the money will come to them.

But then again, I am surprised how many people think they can get something for nothing. That they will make no investment of time or money and hope to retire rich in a few years. That makes no sense. Even if you win the lottery you still have to take time to organize, plan and invest or that money will be gone. Why would a network marketing business be any different!

Bottom line: As long as people believe in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, there will always be someone trying to lead them to it! (For a price of course!)
WatkinsWAHM

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:38 pm

Is Network Marketing easy? I think that ultimately depends on the individual person.

Let’s face it, people choose Network Marketing businesses for obvious leveraging opportunities including the allure of residual income. The idea of leveraging your income earning potential through a network of associates is often misconstrued as being “easy” to develop. Correction: It takes commitment and leadership.

The best way I know how to respond to this question is through my own experience. Now, I’m going to sit here and tell you that I’m some kind of Network Marketing guru. I’m not! I’m just a regular guy that just happened to hook up with what I think is a great company. I have to tell you that I chose this particular company because they didn’t require me to spend any “new money” on products I was already accustomed to using and, there was no need to frontload or inventory products. (Many NM companies rely on sale of something called “promotional volume” and that sucks!!!—Big time!) Sorry, had to sneak that in :wink: Of course, their company track record and business credentials had a lot to do with my decision to join them. Anyway; I digress.

Long story short, I celebrated my ten year anniversary with my chosen company last December. I BELIEVE in the products, I USE the products, I SHARE the products and I TEACH the compensation plan. I WORK only 5 – 10 hours a week at my business and make a comfortable living. My best monthly check was $8,149 in October of ’98 and since then I’m almost embarrassed to say; I’ve been coasting. Only recently have I decided to step up my recruiting efforts.

So from this point forward I’d like to address the question from a different perspective; considering my experience representing a company, their products, their systems, etc. I think the most difficult task is finding an affiliating with a company that has historically demonstrated the ability to earn their customer’s trust. Trust being a core value—something we look for in any relationship.

For NM newbies, I think it’s important for them to do their homework when choosing a company to do business with. That’s the hard part! I’ll submit to you that the most aggressive NM recruiters will say just about anything to get you to join their program; and that’s fine if they can back up their statements. That being said, it is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research. In general, I would advise folks to look for third party recognition from publishers, organizations and individuals who don’t have an ax to grind—in other words those who are not directly involved in representing a company.

Here’s a quick tip: An excellent resource for finding a respectable Network Marketing company is the (not an affiliate link). Companies listed in the DSA are expected to abide by a very stringent code of ethics.

Once you find a company; use their products and learn their system, work hard towards the goal of building a solid foundation for your business. The rest is “easy” because the company has earned your trust and your belief level is high. Thus sharing the products/membership/opportunity what have you, becomes second nature.

Beyond that, one must possess the right ATTITUDE!! I emphasize this because in your prospecting chances are; you’re going to run into your share of rejection. But you simply can’t let it get you down and, don’t take it personal. Stay focused on your goals and go through the numbers. I always defer to my favorite sales guru Brian Tracy who says: SW, SW, SW—Next! That means: Some Will, Some Won’t, So What—Next! Your conversion ratios may not be where you want them to be at the outset, but as you learn how to better pre-qualify your contacts, polish your presentation and overcome people’s objections, success and financial rewards will follow.

So, is Network Marketing easy? I think it’s easier if you believe in yourself and your unwavering commitment to the success of others. That combination can have a powerful and desirable outcome.

Best regards,
Chuck_Anthony

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success