This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Mike Dillard Made Me $3,020

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

How Mike Dillard Made Me $3,020

Postby David Dutton » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey gang

David Dutton here.

Mike Dillard wrote about my success and I thought I would share the article with you guys. This is real world stuff.

I have posted what I wrote for mike below.

-----------
Mike wrote about me a couple of months back in his newsletter. You might remember it because the headline was "I Almost Threw Up.."

Since that newsletter I have made over $3,020 using the techniques taught in MS, Building On A Budget and Traffic Formula.

That isn't what I call "gangsta money" but I only invested $270 to make that money.

I have reproduced what I wrote in the newsletter just in case someone missed it.I also updated the info in the newsletter. I hope someone benefits from this post. Please comment below if you do.

"I Almost Threw Up"

I just got this email from David Dutton. David's one of the most connected guys in the industry and knows "everyone", and I wouldn't be surprised if his rolodex was the size of a small village at this point with it's own zip code.

Anyway, he just wrote me to say that he's been getting some fantastic results applying what he's learned from Magnetic Sponsoring, Building On A Budget, and Traffic Formula.

Check out his email and the great tips he's included below... (At the very least you'll love the Amway-ish story that almost made him toss his cookies.

- Mike

From David Dutton:

"The other day I promised a buddy who joined a hot new company that I would go to his biz opp meeting in his home since he mentioned he didn't want to look bad in front of his big dog upline. He knew I was not even remotely interested since I already work another company but he needed to look good. I am NOT making this up.

I almost threw up at the end of the presentation when the speaker said to break out a list of people and think about who you want to join the business. But it got even worse when he said this...

"The best list builder is the phonebook. Go through it and say who do you know?".

That's when I almost lost it. It was like 1980's Amway revisited. I couldn't believe these guys were still using these techniques. Were they still watching VHS tapes and listening to cassette tapes as well?

It's sad because they have no clue that there is a much easier way to build a networking business that actually attracts people to you magnetically. I am living proof, and I wanted to share some of the results I've gotten from Building On A Budget,Traffic Formula, and Magnetic Sponsoring.

First, I created an attraction marketing site that branded me, as instructed in Magnetic Sponsoring. As a result, people started to respect me a great deal more.

The site worked so well that two weeks ago I got an email from someone that said he just signed up with me at the $410 level.

The crazy thing is....I never even talked to the guy. My site sold him.

Here are a few strategies I utilized on that site...

Strategy #1 - I used video right on my homepage to help me establish a personal relationship with my visitors.

There are 1,000's of opportunities out there, but there's only one David Dutton. I want my prospects to get to know, like, and trust me. You have to have those three things in place, if you want people to become your customers.

If you can't use video, then post a picture of yourself, along with an audio clip at the very least. And please... Make sure you look and dress like a leader! No "glamor shots"please!

Strategy #2 – I used “reason why” copy and gave them 7 reasons why starting a X business makes perfect sense. This really helped increase my optin rate for leads.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then buy a copy of Magnetic Sponsoring or Traffic Formula immediately to learn how to use this copywriting technique that works like crazy.

Strategy #3 – I told my story to build “commonality” with them. It's extremely important that people feel like you can relate to them... That you know their pains and problems, and that you've eventually over-come them personally.

Note: Don't fake who you are.I see a ton of people do it on here. You will be found as others have discovered.

Strategy #4 – I developed a free, 7 day E-course for them to go through to educate them on my company and working with me. Giving away this 7-day E-course has has really helped me build my list which continues to grow daily.

Takeaway: Key there being I created my own course/ebook.

Strategy #5 - I used free video marketing to take over 40% of the search results for a hot keyword phrase, in less than 48 hours which is a trick I learned how to do in your Building On A Budget course.

Thanks Mike!

Note: I use a cheap "RCA Small Wonder" camera to shoot all my videos.

In the past few days alone, I've attracted over 1,013 visitors to my site for free using the techniques in Building On A Budget and Traffic Formula, which has turned into 57 leads - And Again... This didn't cost me a dime.

Update: Over 9,718 people have come to my site...for free now.

Next, I use a "qualification" technique where I make my prospects or visitorsfill out a form to talk to me.

The form asks them some serious questions about their background. I then call them and chat with them about their answers.

Because I am the “hunted” as Mike talks about in Magnetic Sponsoring, you can feel a complete difference in the way they treated me. I was really the hunted instead of the hunter. You have to try this to know what I am talking about. It was a very cool experience.

So there you have it. This is a real world, “I am magnetically sponsoring people” case study from someone who is in the trenches putting into action the Building On A Budget and Traffic Formula system.

Oh... I have to include one more item though before I end this case study. Indiana Jones taught me this....sorry Mike

There is a part in the new Indiana Jones movie where they have to cross this massive hole to get to the other side.

Indiana, based off his road map, believes there is an actual bridge there that they can't see. He closes his eyes and leaps forward. Sure enough, it was there the whole time. He just needed some faith in himself and his road map.

Have a little faith in yourself and faith in Mike's teaching.

I can tell you from experience that there is a bridge waiting for you.

- Dave Dutton
www.HowTheyRecruit.com
David Dutton
Elite Member

Postby Russell Portwood » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am

David:
Great post. As usual, your insight is spot-on and we can all learn a thing or two by just watching how you do business. I'm cranking up my network marketing efforts and becoming "magnetic" is a top priority. In today's economic situation I know people are looking for me - I just need to be where they can find me!
Thanks!
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby David Dutton » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 am

Russell

Whats up buddy?

Thanks for the post. That is awesome about your network marketing business. Jonathn says you get checks from Mel.Very cool.

Jonathan and I are starting our seminars again.I would love to have you work with us. I have made money in all of them but one due to a screw up on the place I held the seminar.

Let me know if you have interest.

Dave
David Dutton
Elite Member

Postby Russell Portwood » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am

Dave:
Great to "see" ya! Sure, I would love to take a look and see how I could help. Will be in touch.

On another note, for all who are reading this, I would like to point out the importance of "network" in network marketing. It's about people - that's the network. It's about how you can help people. I know for a fact that David helps people in his business and his focus is on just that: serving. And that is why I would love to help him.

While I don't want to turn Lynn's forum into a personal chat thing, I do want to point out how important it is to make connections. And this is the perfect example. Don't look at everybody as a prospect. I know you have probably been taught that but try another idea. Look at every person as somebody you can give to in some way. It will change your business. For the better.

With that said...

David - I look forward to seeing you soon!

Russell
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby David Dutton » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 am

Very cool...

Give me a shout and I do appreciate the comments above. Without people...I never would of had a business. ;-)

D
David Dutton
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Good to see you posting, David! Congrats on the success. You rock!

Miss you at the webinars.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby David Dutton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey Angie!

Thanks so much.I haven't gotten on the webinars out of laziness...but I should. lol

Was hanging with Lynn tonight at my meetup.

Dave
David Dutton
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Dave,
I so wish we lived close by to you guys. All those fun meet ups have me jealous LOL

Hope to see you at the webinars soon. Glad you got to hang with Lynn tonight.
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success