[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Network Marketing, NOT! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Network Marketing, NOT!

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

Network Marketing, NOT!

Postby herdirectsales » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:00 pm

herdirectsales

Postby Carrielee » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:36 pm

Carrielee

Postby happimel » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:51 pm

Network marketing is harder for some than it is for others simply because you ARE doing sales. You can't let fear stop you from talking to people. It can be a rough tough business to be in if you have a hard time socially.

I also think you have to have something that people will likely want. And I am proud to say, that one day at a time, I get on my telephone, feel the fear, and do it anyway!!! Has anyone read that book?

LOL

I'm getting results from it, and I Feel mighty proud!
happimel

Re: Network Marketing, NOT!

Postby Felix Torres » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:15 pm

Greetings, and Happy Thanksgiving One and All!

I agree. It does take work. Once you find the right match, however, it's worth the effort even if you're not seeing results outright.

More times than not, it takes a while to learn the in's and out's of your perfect match.

But once you do, and the ball gets rolling, the 9-5's eventually fade into the realm of a bad dream on Saturday morning.

Just need to give it your all and the time it needs to grow like any planted crop, so that you can reap the harvest of the rewards of perserverance.

Thanks for the great post, herdirectsales!
Felix Torres

Postby tbtsmiller » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:09 am

WOW~ It's so nice to see people who understand how hard a networker DOES work. Dispite what people tell you, money doesn't grow on trees and Mana doesn't fall out of the ski.

You have to work and work hard...but it pays more than a J.O.B. (just over broke.)
tbtsmiller

Postby TonyRush » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:33 am

I guess I'm going to be the voice of minority on one of these points: I think the biggest reason for new distributor frustration is the instruction to "make a list of family and friends".

When a new networker starts making a list of family and friends, he/she almost always runs into an enormous amount of negativity and rejection. Smart-aleck relatives who say, "Oh, I can't believe you signed up in one of THOSE things..." or a friend who never has any money but is suddenly an expert on why you should never have gotten involved in that particular company.

Also, it's a matter of efficiency. Look at it this way:

If you were selling golf equipment, you'd want to talk to golfers. If you were selling farm equipment, you'd want to talk to farmers.

And, in my opinion, if you're offering an opportunity for people to make a great income working from home......well, you need to spend your time talking to people who are interested in a home-business.

We've all got only 24 hours in a day -- it's "the great equalizer." For efficiency's sake, I have two choices: I can spend my time LOOKING for prospects or I can spend my time TALKING to prospects.

So, if I have to choose between making a list of 100 people that I know who haven't expressed ANY interest in a home business....

...or simply spending my time with 100 people who have requested information on a home business in the last 48 hours....well, I'm going to spend my time with the business opportunity seekers.

And it works. We personally add about 20+ people per month to our business and were recently honored with an award as one of the fastest growing teams in our company.

90% of success is making sure you're spending your time with the right people. :)

Tony Rush
http://www.recruitmorepeople.com
TonyRush

Postby karynsolo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:00 pm

karynsolo

Postby marie » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:01 pm

I agree with all of the above, you have to market to people who are interested in your Opportunity. When your friends and family see your success, they are more likely to be willing to try it for themselves
marie

Postby Supercharged » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:22 am

Supercharged

Postby emeradyl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:21 am

emeradyl

Postby AndrewHealth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:45 pm

Network Marketing becomes less of a hassle when you can stop thinking about is as a "sales" business and start thinking about it as a teaching and mentoring business.

The high failure rate in Network Marketing is due to the fact that the small percentage of the population that actually enjoys sales are deciding how we do our business. Truth is that the rest of the population who doesn't like sales can't successfully duplicate those results.

Your friend,
Andrew McLellan
AndrewHealth

Postby Maa » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:44 pm

I totally agree with you all. People do think that as soon as they get in a network marketing business they are going to get rich quick without doing anything.
Maa

yes yes yes....

Postby computerincome » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:17 am

Why can no one see this.

You need a good product you like (you cannot sell something you do not use yourself), good team and company support (so often lacking) and effort - success takes time.

Rachel
computerincome

Postby mlmblonde » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:46 pm

Too many people miss the WORK part of Network Marketing. They join something, and then promptly get busy cleanng the office, or building websites or just doing nothing.

NWM does work when people are willing to learn and patient enought to build it. I don't care what anyone says NO BUSINESS NWM or traditional business, makes you wake up rich with no effort on your part.

I say find something that fits you and then jump in full speed ahead and spend 80-90% of your time doing 3 things, PROSPECTING, INVITING AND FOLLOWING UP. If you are not doing one of the 3 you're just now working.

People think sales is a dirty word, but NO busienss survies without selling something unless it's illegal, and even illegal ones sell things like drugs and stuff LOL

You either sell a product, a service or you sell yourself. IF you do NOT want to sell something legitimate then NWM will not be for you. You might want to stick with trading time for $$$.

I do NOT know anyone that was able to do nothing and wake up rich.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth

Diane
mlmblonde

Postby homebizness » Tue May 02, 2006 8:31 pm

homebizness

Next

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success