[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - This forum Finally inspired me to create a user profile • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

This forum Finally inspired me to create a user profile

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

This forum Finally inspired me to create a user profile

Postby wahmjennie » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:16 am

Hi all,

After browsing around the boards here for some time, reading the posts I finally got the courage to create a profile and join the discussions.
I didn't really know what to say at first, but finding this forum about network marketing, hey, I finally have something to say!!!

I'm a new network marketer and hope you will all welcome me to the team. I just read the post where 2 posters stated that they are USANA distributors and had a binary compensation plan.

I also am part of a binary compensation plan (though not USANA) and it is the only comp plan I could understand too. LOL!!!

It's also the only one ever to keep me up at night with excitement (maybe cause understood it right off)

But thankfully I have an awesome upline that makes it easy for me to have the support I need and I have given that support to members of my downline as well.

Anyway, so here I am (waves) hope to become a regular poster on the forums.
-Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:41 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmjennie » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:36 pm

wahmjennie

Postby Carrielee » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm

What if you recruit two duds?
Then what? You can still sit back and the money pours in?
No...you have to recruit more...dozens and dozens. And place them under the duds.

Carrie
Are you profiting by saying Thank You?
http://www.ThankYouAds.com/?r=9015
Carrielee

Postby alice » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:14 pm

That sounds a little odd to me too. I'm not a network marketer and dabbled very briefly in direct sales years ago, but I am trying to understand all these "new" structures that are popping up.

It seems to me that many companies are inventing different structures, so they can use that phrases, "We're not MLM" --- when there is nothing inherently wrong with MLM to begin with.

I am not putting anything or anybody down here, because like I said I am not experienced in this area. Carrie's point makes total sense to me, though. Why would you rely on two people to help propel your business. Sure, you can find the right two people, but from my experience in recruiting and affiliate marketing, most recruits just don't perform, even if you give them the training and encouragement they need.

I'd love to hear more too.

Alice
alice

NM needs to be treated like a conventional business ...

Postby Felix Torres » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:36 am

Greetings!

Felix J. Torres, out of Bismarck, North Dakota, reporting in. I'm new here; so if I seem presumptuous, I sincerely apologize.

Carrie and Alice bring up an excellent concern regarding "duds."

I am of the mindset that when one goes about seeking potential partners for their network marketing businesses, that in the process of doing so the search be treated as any employer would treat the conventional hiring process.

That is, make sure your marketing communications convey the following premise, though not necessarily in this wording:

Growing <nutritional, telecomm, environmental, etc.> company seeks aggressive motivated self-starters in <location> to spearhead area rollout. Excellent earnings potential for go-getters. name, phone, website, etc.

Basically what this does is weed out the potential "duds" as Carrie put it, or potential dead weight as I see it. I don't use the term to be cruel, but the unfortunate truth is that the majority of individuals are "mlm-junkies." That is, they jump from opportunity to opportunity on the premise that it's some kind of "magic bullet" with free entry that will do everything for them, like that company in Amerca's breadbasket that starts with an S. 7 million distributors doesn't mean squat if the majority of them are not producing; which is rather unfortunate, because this is dead weight that could be building its dreams along with everyone else, but who desire quick fixes for their problems.

When you dedicate yourself to only be willing to work with individuals who share your goals and work ethics, half the battle of building the business is already won, because the chances of these priceless individuals learning the business and going out there and doing it are far superior than those recruited with the highly undesirable "sponsor everybody you can get your hands on!" approach.

Conventional businesses don't hire everyone they can get their hands on. Positions are left open until the most qualified are found to fill them. It should be the same in Network Marketing. In network marketing, however, they don't necessarily have to have industry experience to qualify; they simply have to have the work ethics and the buring desire to make it work, and a reasonable amount of disposable monthly income to hang in there, for at least a year, until the opportunity starts to pay for itself.

I threw out all that corporate dictatorship-like "talk to who upline tells you to and be civil about it!" nonsense quite a while ago, and have committed myself to attracting like-minded people to a product-focused business that I truly believe in. I started working my opportunity on June 1, 2004 and am testing what I have explained here. I may not secure 100 people a month, but if I secure one committed individual per month that does what I do, then as far as I am concerned I have won and my business will eventually fund my dreams, and the dreams of my business partners.

Many thanks for the opportunity to speak about this great industry.
Felix Torres

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:20 am

Well said, Felix! ;)

Welcome to the SSWT Discussion Forum - it's great to have you here :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Carrielee » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:07 am

Those are some great points Felix.
I learned from Kim Klaver to always "say no first".
:)
I'm looking for the 3 percenters.

Carrie
Carrielee

Many thanks!

Postby Felix Torres » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:29 pm

Lynn, Carrie,

Thank you both for the kind words. :D

It's nice to be here, and knowing that there are individuals out there who understand where I'm coming from regarding the proper constuction of an organization.

I've had far too many negative experiences with "old school NM." Mainly, in the old "do exactly what your upline tells you!" This mentality drove me away from the big A many years ago because I "wasn't allowed" (!?!?) to promote my business by the means which I described. It was always, "You need to build your list...", "You've got plenty of prospects to pick from..." (Right! Say, I have a certain bridge I want to sell you out east!), and so forth and so on. What was sad about it was that I was brought in by two dear friends, a husband and wife team where I was best man at their wedding. :cry:

But it had to be done. I did not join the big A to be managed, I joined to run a business. However, I am pleased to say that my current opportunity meets my criteria for an operation that has caught up with the times, and which encourages innovation in the field as long as they don't go around making illegal claims; and even have a nice arsenal of marketing materials including radio spots for one to use. Now, I, the way it should be, have to figure out how to best use all that has been made available to recruit those "3%-ers". (Good way of looking at it, Carrie! The true diamonds in the sand! :D ).

Anyway, time to prep for my first national advertisement.

Have a great weekend if I don't get to drop by again today.
Felix Torres

Postby Carrielee » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:41 am

Carrielee

Thanks, Carrie

Postby Felix Torres » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Felix Torres

Postby wahmjennie » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:25 pm

I'd like to apologise if I left the impression that my upline "hammers" me to work it their way. No they do not, they simply showed my how they built this type of income in 3 different binary comp plans then told me I could use it if I wanted to, and show it to others.

Yes, you will get some duds, and you will in any business. I didn't mean to leave the impression that I want just any old dud, I will show people this plan but if they're not interested and don't want to use it fine, but I hope to find individuals that are serious, the question is, how do I find out if they're serious if I don't show them the business plan?

Maybe Felix can tell the rest of us how he does it? How do you find the winners, I'd love to get more advice on this.

I know what you mean Felix about many people just being MLM junkies, 2 of my aunt's are that way and never make a dime. This is the only network marketing company I have ever joined and I do make money every week! I will stick to it through and not "pass around" to other companys and that is the kind of people I want to recruit. So how do you find these kind of people?

I'd really love to hear your advice.

Does my website present an image of wanting to recruit "MLM junkies?" Maybe you could give me some tips on what to say on my website that would get people to request more information. This is not a company made website, it is my own and I wrote it and host it, it is at: http://powerpopsforprofit.com. My company website (provided by the company) is at: http://power-pops.com/wahmjennie

I'd love to hear what other people have to say about this.
THANKS!

-Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby wahmjennie » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:48 pm

wahmjennie

Re: upline "hammers"

Postby Felix Torres » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:10 pm

Felix Torres

Postby wahmjennie » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:00 am

wahmjennie

Next

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success