[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Recruiting online • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Recruiting online

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

Recruiting online

Postby dtjonna » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:14 am

dtjonna

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi,

I've done both in-person and online recruiting when I was bulding my network marketing biz.

Truthfully, my local people were about 80% more likely to remain loyal customers, reorder, and build a business.

Even when my internet recruits started off with my company's $299 starter pack and enjoyed all the products... they were too skeptical to really throw themselves into building a business and when they decided not to order anymore products, they simply stopped returning my phone calls and emails- which my local people could not always get away with!

My 2 cents based on 3 years of experience!

You have awesome toys though, I 've purchased a few DT.
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Re:Recruiting online

Postby Tony Williams » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:12 pm

Tony Williams

Postby annalaurabrown » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 am

I do almost all of my recruiting online. I think it depends at least in part what your company rules are and what your products are as to your online success. I offer a free online marketing course at http://www.onlinemarketinglessons.com Also you must have an autoresponder such as Aweber, which is the one I use. This allows you to send messages and to develop an email list. This is a must if you are going to recruit online.
Being successful at online recruitment is more or less a matter of developing your skills and spending the time and effort necessary.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby davethewave » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:44 pm

As in any business learning a new skill takes time. One way of recruiting may not be better than the other. But I will tell you this, you can't recruit someone across the country or across the world using the old style of network marketing(making a list of friends & family) with the same speed as the internet. The internet is opening new ways to market and new opportunities everyday. Increasing your marketing skills will never be a waste of time.
davethewave

I've been recruiting online since the 20th Century

Postby DBeavers » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:57 pm

One difference is that I'm recruiting for a more traditional business model - not MLM.

I don't have to play all the secretive games, such as -

Don't tell them the company name or product line until you've shown them the opportunity.

You can't sell retail, until you've tried to recruit them and they turn you down.

Don't reveal the name, until after they've sat through a presentation or have read through the company's lead-generating website, chock full of Cadillac Escalades, expensive mansions, families touring exotic locations, yachts, etc. and all the other signs of wealth.

I also don't hide the fact that sales are part and parcel of the business. If you can't or don't want to sell, don't waste my time and yours.

They know that my product line is promotional advertising, which is primarily sold business-to-business (b2b), along with industry and gov't orders.

They can see a sampling of the products and prices right on the same website. Products that business and industry need, want, and buy every day.

No hype, no hidden products or identity. Just down to earth, hit 'em with the facts explanation of becoming part of an $18 Billion industry. With those numbers, a person only needs a piece of a niche market to generate a good full or part-time income.

Results of my online recruiting - Dozens of dealers, who along with some personal contacts and referrals who have signed on, sell a total of over $2 Million annually, at the same time that I personally sell $220K+.

Between my commissions and my single-level override compensation, my home-based business, generates a respectable income for my family. Enough that our children have had the benefit of a stay-at-home Mom, for the past 22 years. Of course now, she is a Stay-at-Home Grandma. Or more correctly Work-at-home as she handles phone calls, repeat orders, and other administrative duties in our business.

And, my associates have the same opportunity to recruit and sponsor their own group of sales people. No upline or downline is created, as everyone is only eligible to receive over-ride payments on their immediate group.

As long as both parties contine actively selling the products to end users, the over-ride checks continue for life.

My website and presentation have resulted in many people discovering an industry and home-business option they had never even thought about, even though they all have and use promotional advertising items printed with business names and logos, that they use unconsciously every day.

Think about the ink pens, calendars, coffee or travel mugs, umbrellas, caps, T-shirts, mouse pads, refrigerator magnets, and other items you may have and use with business messages/logos on them.

Make your opportunity, MLM or otherwise, stand out from the crowd, and online recruiting can change dramatically in your favor.

Dennis
[/code]
Last edited by DBeavers on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBeavers

Postby cherh » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:43 am

I am a Herbalife Distributor, based in Melbourne Australia. I have been in business 3 1/2 years. I have built a sucessful international organisation using on line advertising. We do have an excellent training and mentoring program which helps to keep members foccussed.
cherh

Postby kgoodale » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:22 am

I've done online recruiting for almost 8 years with Watkins and have had very good results. I do have a business information web site with an online ebook, plus an automated follow-up system. I do think with online recruiting it is very helpful to have a way for folks to read through information on their own, to decide if a business is right for them (with no pressure) and an easy way to opt out on receiving more information. I have many that go through my business web site that are interested, but the timing isn't quite right for them. Many do remain in the system to receive the occasional follow-up emails sent out, that include a reminder on how to get back to read through the information again, and/or sign up, or opt out. I've had some start a business even several years after first visiting the information web site. You can see how our business site is set up at: http://gourmetcatalog.biz

Karen Goodale
Watkins Ind. Manager 138048
kgoodale

Postby Tony Williams » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:40 am

In my previous post I mentioned how I wasted a lot of time and money trying to recruit online. Well I did not do my homework before trying diffrent things.

For the novice it can be a difficult task to go out there try stuff without knowing the in and outs. I see more and more information available now to help you get started.

As I am beginning to learn what I am advertising, what I expect, what people are looking for, results are getting better.

I still feel online marketing should be only part of your marketing strategy. Don't put all your eggs into one basket as they say.

You still need should mix things up. Have others means to promote what you have to offer.

Leaders Club has created an online prospecting system to help those getting started so that they do not have to spend valuable time learning the ropes of online marketing.

MyOrangeCD incorporates blogging, promoting yourself, debugging the scam concern, gives a landing page, and for those in companies that you are not to mention the companies name, gives you a way to promote yourself and network marketing.

Personal interaction will give you the best overall results customers with the lasting value.
Tony Williams

Online marketing & recruiting

Postby DBeavers » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:28 pm

DBeavers

Postby Tony Williams » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:32 am

I think it is a good thread Dennis, I find the individual thoughts and responses to be very informative. It is helping me.

I agree with you most interactions with clients via the web have been more towards the prospecting phase of the selling cycle. This needs to be understood.

Back to DT's original post
[I was wondering has anyone ever done or doing recruiting online???]

In my opinion, you cannot effectively recruit online. You may be able to effectively sell your product/service online but I think it will take a lot of time, effort and money to do so effectively. As far as business builders, I think that is another ball game.

[MyOrangeCD incorporates blogging, promoting yourself, debugging the scam concern, gives a landing page, and for those in companies that you are not to mention the companies name, gives you a way to promote yourself and network marketing.]

Why I said this is because I believe when you are marketing online to sell or even recruit, having these tools can help to build your business.

Blogging is a personal presence on the web, promoting yourself helps to connect and build relationships, landing page is good for getting interested prospects for prospecting and starting the sales or recruitment process, whether we agree or disagree with some companies styles, being able to promote yourself is important, promoting network marketing is giving people information they need to make a wise decision.

Whatever you want to label your business - if you are dependent on others to join you/company to purchase product or a service, you are proactively working at doing such, and you are advertising and marketing via, face to face, online, telephone, letters, postcards, local meetings. etc... It is network marketing.

What do most think of network marketing, mlm, direct sales, etc... What do most know?

Do you think if more knew first how network marketing works and how it can change their lives would they be more open to opportunities to buy or join you in your business?

[I'm in the toy business and looking for new ways to expand my team nationwide.]

Jonna, I suggest looking for ways to find targeted people for your business opportunity. If you can afford to, try and advertise in particular areas. Concentrate your efforts to recruiting leaders in areas you want to expand to. There are various ways to this, online recruitment may not be your best method.

I have ideals for you as others may also. Have you spoken to your sponsor about your ideals? If you would like to pm me, I can try and help you further.

Tony
Tony Williams

Postby shaunew » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:27 am

shaunew

hi

Postby klein109 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:31 pm

I've had some luck with online recruiting. My business has lots of automated follow-up and a free prospecting site. I'm pretty happy with the results thus far.
klein109

Postby davethewave » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:43 pm

Another online method to think about is ezine advertising. There are literally thousands of ezines out there that you could advertise with. Find one that is a good match for what you have to offer. Each ezine offers different types of advertising solutions such as classified ads, sponsor ads, etc. I would suggest you use solo ads. Solo ads are where you get to send your ad all by itself to the entire list of subscribers.

Don't just do one campaign and live or die with the results. Test 3 different ezines to find which one works best for you. Two ezines may not perform well, but by doing 3 you have yourself covered. And the great thing about ezine ads is that you can profit from them in as little as 24 hours.

Dave
davethewave

A Refreshing New Lead Company

Postby Mary Mac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:57 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been introduced to a new leads company I know will be different from the rest. I know of one of the owners from another network marketing company I was with and he is a very trustyworthy individual who built a very large organization so he knows about leads. Right now they are offering some opening specials. They just opened for business on Monday . They also have an attractive affiliate program. You may want to check it out.

http://mysecretleads.com/23990
Mary Mac

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success