[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - poems • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

poems

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

poems

Postby mvmc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:12 am

my sister writes awsome poems, she has thought about publishing them....what does she need to do to start? Should she put a bunch in a book so the whole book is copywritten? My mother and I have thought about framing some of them and selling them at craft fairs, but we don't want any one to steal her poems......
mvmc

Postby stephfoster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Once she writes them, they are copyrighted automatically.

However, if she wants to register the copyright, she should check out http://www.copyright.gov/ . I think she may be able to get them copyrighted in batches so that she doesn't have to pay a lot of fees for doing them individually. This does give more protection than the automatic copyright given simply for writing the poems in case of infringement.
stephfoster

Postby mvmc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:30 pm

My main thought was that if she were to type them up and put them in frames for craft fairs or what ever and someone used them or called them their own and sold them as such then it wouldn't be fair to my sister and she would somehow have to prove that she was the one who wrote them.... We did once have the idea of copywriting them as a book/bunch to save money too. I will be sure to give her the site.

She made my daughter a beautiful one after she was born out of her name, it still brings tears to my eyes because it is about my daughters surgeries.
mvmc

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay