This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Using Blog Posts As Articles-Opinions?

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:28 pm

You PM me or email me whenever you want, Jeff. I've even had strangers call me on the phone about SBI. I don't mind. They have a Valentine's Special going on right now, too.

I know a bunch of eBayers who use SBI for their business. Plus, SBI has an affiliate program that can't be beat.

I know what it has done for me and my family and am always excited to share. :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Tony,

Yeah, I'm down with the 5 Pillars thing and it's actually going to be one of the first of my affiliate sites I start work on soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my being an affiliate doesn't preclude me from purchasing SBI from another affiliate,right?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Actually, when you sign up as a 5 Pillar Affiliate, it locks you in with the person you signed up under. It's one way for an SBI'er to get a permanent cookie. So, you belong to them when you get SBI.

The only way around that is doing what is called an "offline sale." There is a special order form that SBI'ers use to do offline sales so that the credit goes to them.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 pm

Tony,

I know this is going to sound nuts but I'm going to have to review how I ended up at SBI. I'm not sure I followed anybody's affiliate link or clicked from their branded ebook or anything.

The cookie is permanent? I have honestly had legitimate reason to flush my cookies within the last few months for development issues.

Let me look into that.

Like I said, I'm not looking to get this right now but it's definitely something I'll be researching within the next 2 or 3 months.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Jeff,

Whatever the case, you can't erase a permanent cookie.

Even if you delete the cookies from your system, SiteSell's databases would know that you are linked to that original person and credit them. Hence, why it's such a great affiliate program....

although it can be a double-edged sword for those who really did a lot of work to share with someone rather than just a click on someone's link...

once again, hence, the online or remote order form. They have it all figured out. :wink:

If you are hinting that you would be willing to purchase through me, simply shoot me a PM when you're ready and we'll go through the remote order form. Thanks; I appreciate that :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:10 am

Tony,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm assuming that if I read somebody talking about it and I just searched for SBI and went to the site, their permanent cookie would disallow any affiliate from getting credit?

Yes, I am hinting at that. I'm like my dad in that way. He was a salesman and couldn't stand not buying from somebody who took the time with him.

When the time comes, I'll still be at this forum and I'll know where to find you.

I'm only sorry that present conditions don't allow me to purchase right now. I'm well aware of the stats for somebody who moves on even temporarily actually coming back to buy from you.

Thanks again for your help,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:54 am

Jeff,

There are only a handful of ways to grab a permanent cookie. Clicking through a site would only give a temp cookie that could be over-written by clicking on certain links on someone else's SBI site/page/etc

That's very thoughtful of you. I feel the same way: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVc85cNFgL0

Yes, the stats for someone contacting you ever again after they leave is pretty sad, put I understand totally.

When you're ready, PM me or shoot me an email at chawman AT gmail DOT com

:wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Tony,

I actually watched that one before from an earlier post of yours.

Of course, that didn't keep me from watching it again-LOL!!!

And a few more too-LOL!!!

You've done great work on those videos. Did you see increased traffic almost if not immediately from them?

Or philosophies are very much in line. I'm NOT trying every get-rich scheme out there. I'm just trying to get a little bit closer every day and Simpleology has helped me do that.

However, I also see tremendous value for somebody in my position to embark on a step-by-step program like SBI.

Believe me when I say it's not a passing fancy with me. Cash flow what it is I just have to wait a little while longer before I can do it.

The best thing that could happen for me right now is if somebody I knew could buy SBI and gift me or allow me to buy the extra one for $100.00.

I know that goes against what we've been talking about so I'll say that, unless that happens(which is HIGHLY unlikely), I'll be messaging or PMing you in the near future to make an SBI sale.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:57 pm

I get a kick out of making the videos and, while there is presently not a lot of traffic from there, there are a lot of people who contact me directly about some of the things I talk about.

I have two more channels over at LiveVideo:
http://www.livevideo.com/Oregon-Coast-Guy
http://www.livevideo.com/MillionDollaMan

There is a ton of value in creating videos. There are a bunch of sites around the web that actually latch onto them and your videos end up spreading into avenues you haven't even thought of.

Hang in there. The initial investment is the stumbling point. Ken makes it a yearly fee instead of monthly because it's too darned easy to call it quits when you're on a monthly fee. It's a knee-jerk reaction for people to give up when they don't see immediate results. We can thank the Get-Rich-Quick idiots for planting those ideas in our brains. :roll:

A yearly fee calls for some dedication and, if anyone truly dedicates themselves to building a web site with SBI, there is no way they can fail. SBI is a real business and real businesses take months and sometimes years to prove themselves. There is no magic pill to making money online.

Once you start, you'll more than likely have your next year's payment made from your site's income in a few months. It all depends on how voracious you are. It's all in the black from there! :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Tony,

I have no doubt about anything you're telling me because I've kept SBI way, way at the top of the list for a little while now.

I had read and agreed with the SBI pricing philosophy and I know that I'll definitely make my money back shortly after the purchase. I have a lot of experience that I've gained to this point that should flatten the SBI learning curve substantially.

About the videos...I have a creative side that needs nurturing again. I've just not had the time to do anything like that for a while.

I can't wait to get back to it :D

Have a great weekend and PM me whenever you want to. I won't take it as the pushy salesman-HAH!

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Have fun being creative! If you're not having fun with what you do for work, there is no reason to do it. The only thing that my dad told me that rang true. :wink:

Multimedia is a fantastic outlet for creativity. Podcasts, YouTube, LiveVideo, training videos with Camtasia....I enjoy it all! haha

One philosophy I have is that, if it's a good product, it should be able to sell itself. All I need to do is talk about my experience with it. SBI is certainly that type of product that people, if they get past the cynicism that GRQ people have created in them, can instantly see the value in.

I'm not a salesman. Just an average joe with passion.

You can PM me whenever, too.

Talk with you again! =]
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Yeah, I got the free Camtasia the first day it was available and I'll be doing Podcasting for sure.

Take care,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 pm

If you don't have a good tool for podcasting and getting your feed into iTunes, be sure to download the free trial of FeedForAll. You can download it from my Best Biz Tools page about 3/4 of the way down.

It's one of the few tool that I use every day!

Cya!
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Tony,

You KNOW I've already bookmarked your excellent site so finding that won't be a problem.

Thanks, though for alerting me to it.

Best,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:41 pm

No problem, my friend
Oregon Coast Guy

Previous

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay