[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do I get Article Writing Jobs? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do I get Article Writing Jobs?

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

How do I get Article Writing Jobs?

Postby kingos » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:36 am

Hi there,

Someone on this forum -I think it was Russell- casually mentioned I could easily make money writing articles at $5. The problem is how do I find website owners or webmasters needing articles? I have written various articles previously for associatedcontent and would like to know how I could easily link up with webmasters who need articles. If you're interested in checking the samples, I'll send them to you. I can meet deadlines and produce high quality content.
kingos

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:18 pm

We have a Job Board category here at the forum. You are welcome to post your offer there and let members contact you directly. There are also job forums around the net, such as at the Digital Point forum and others.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sunflowerlady » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Hello,

I have written for AC too and I have had people contact me after reading my stuff there -- so you never know who is reading your articles there!

There is a great blog by Deborah Ng, if you Google.com her name it will come right up. She posts jobs daily. That can be a great way to get a writing gig. Good luck!

:D Abby
sunflowerlady

Postby kingos » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks a lot for the tips.
kingos

What does a five article get me?

Postby kowhai » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:13 am

I am interested to know what a five dollar article would be like, I write my own most of the time, but there are times when I wish I could someone else to write for me. I am not a very typist and having it done would be worth a lot in time saving

Kowhai
kowhai

Postby Johnny » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am

Johnny

Postby sunflowerlady » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm

You can also find jobs at www.guru.com and www.ifreelance.com. There is also a job website called (I think) www.indeed.com that searches LOTS of different job websites and that may help you find something (do searches for Web Content Writer or something like that. Guru and Ifreelance both have some fees involved in being a member, but if you get jobs -- it could be worth it. There is also a website www.constant-content.com where you can publish articles and people will buy them if they like them, so you need to write articles BEFORE they have sold, but some people have had really good luck with this site and then you will be published on a number of different websites as webmasters select your articles. Just ideas for you, I hope they are helpful.... Good luck! :D
sunflowerlady

Re: What does a five article get me?

Postby kirkward » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:08 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby tigrs84 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:49 am

tigrs84

Postby ciarac » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 pm

You should have no trouble finding jobs for just $5 per article. There are plenty of people who will be interested in that.
Why don't you choose what you would like to write about, key that into google, go to page 5 and just contact all the people who own those sites. Evidentally, if they're on page 5, they need good content. Just tell them that you offer articles for $5. I'm sure that if you send 20 emails, you will get at least one person signing up.
ciarac

Postby robert adams » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:19 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:34 am

I love to write. I've been getting paid to write (in one way or another) for many years. I'm a fast typist (120 wpm).

Yet a typical 300-word article will take me at least 30 minutes to write. And that's if I DON'T have to do much research.

Getting paid $5 per article, the most I'd be earning is $10/hour.

Maybe I'm more concerned about the quality of the content than most $5/article authors, and thus a slower producer... but I still don't see how this can be a decent money-making venture. Especially if you have other activities that take time away from mass-producing articles (such as maintaining your own website).

I suggest you do a quick check to see if this is worthwhile before launching into finding clients.

Assuming you had all the clients you could handle... multiply the number of articles you can realistically produce in one hour by $5 to get your maximum hourly earning potential. If you feel the income justifies the time spent (i.e., you're time is not worth more, or better spent on other tasks or income-producing activities), go for it!

Otherwise, why waste time finding buyers for your articles if you're not going to be happy with the results?
Bonnie Lowe

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay