[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - has anyone tried lulu? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

has anyone tried lulu?

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

has anyone tried lulu?

Postby LynnWilson » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:18 pm

LynnWilson

Re: has anyone tried lulu?

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:30 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Book on demand

Postby HowardH » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:03 pm

The idea of book-on-demand publishing has been around for a while, but generally in the form of doing your own. This is the first time I've seen a 'vanity' publisher offering book-on-demand. Looks to me like an excellent idea. In fact, I may look into what it takes to do that business; I have had an interest in the publishing business for many years (I am a freelance manuscript reviewer for Addison-Wesley-Longman).

One of the biggest champions of the book-on-demand idea is Don Lancaster, who has produced several of his own. There was a funny thing about Don that I ran into recently, however: He had a bestselling traditionally-published book "The Incredible Secret Money Machine" that he revised and re-published back in the late 90's. I tried to get a copy of the the revised version, and it was out of print and unavailable everywhere I looked. I wrote Don an email asking why this was so -- I thought it odd, considering that Don has publicly stated that no publication should ever be unavailable. He replied that he just had not had the time to provide TISSM in e-book form yet...
HowardH

Postby LynnWilson » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:47 am

LynnWilson

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay