[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is there demand for a website content writers????? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is there demand for a website content writers?????

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Is there demand for a website content writers?????

Postby snowman2004 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 am

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is any demand for freelance website content writers? It is an area I might want to get involved with in the future.

I had an idea that there may be demand from people who were unable, for various reasons, to research and write high quality website content.

My thinking is that there must be web designers and developers out there who would pay someone they could trust to have content written for them. I believe this service would be very useful to you if you wanted to develop information sites but wanted to avoid the research and writing up, involved.

The idea is to provide research/content writing services NOT 'copywriting', which is sales writing. The problem is that I have never heard of anyone doing this. Has anyone any experience of this or suggest where I can find out more?

I am not in business or anything like that, at the moment. I just would be interested to hear from anyone about their experiences or advice in this area. You may also PM me if you would prefer, but as I said I am not in business, only exploring this idea at the moment.

Ray
snowman2004

Web content writing = copywriting

Postby Eileen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:54 pm

Hi Ray,
Web content writing is one type of copywriting; I do it all the time. There is a demand for it, but like anything else, you have to market yourself in order to get the work. My web content jobs come to me three ways: through small businesses who contact me directly and need web content written, from marketing/ad agencies who subcontract the work out to me, and from web design firms that either subcontract to me or refer clients directly to me. Many businesses prefer to handle it in-house, but just as many either don't have anyone on staff with the time to do it, or recognize the value in getting a professional copywriter/content writer to do the job.

The work is out there. Happy hunting.

Eileen
Eileen

Postby nsusa » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:04 pm

What are the $$$ rates for writing content? Can you provide a ball park number?

Christoph
nsusa

Web content writing

Postby Eileen » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:13 am

Rates are all over the map. If you look at bid-for-job sites like elance, content writers are practically prostituting themselves offering ridiculously low rates like $5 per page. Top copywriting guns in the field get $500 an hour. Some writers charge by the page (which is sort of vague, because you can scroll down forever and be on the same page). Some charge by the "screen" (i.e., how much you can see on the screen at any one time). Some charge by the hour. I charge by the project, but base it on my hourly rate, which is $75 an hour. I estimate how long it will take me, add in another hour or so to be conservative, and multiply that by my hourly rate. If it takes me longer than I thought it would, that's my tough luck. And if I'm brilliant and do it quickly, earning more than my regular hourly rate, I'm rewarded for my efficiency. For a standard small business web site with five pages, that usually works out to, very roughly, $1000. I always include two rounds of revisions with the fee, and also usually ask for 1/3 up front. Hope that helps.
Eileen

Postby snowman2004 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:17 am

snowman2004

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:20 pm

This might be a good example to look over:
http://www.contentrank.com/

Hope that helps!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Web content writing

Postby Warren Contreras » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:22 pm

Warren Contreras

Re: Is there demand for a website content writers?????

Postby Steve MacLellan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:05 am

Steve MacLellan

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay