This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Getting ready to submit have question before doing so

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Getting ready to submit have question before doing so

Postby edwinnyc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:46 am

What are the top mistakes to avoid in artilcle submission

Can I submit my 1st article to more then one article directory, and will this get me into trouble with search engines

Am i better off submitting by hand or paying someone like this service and has anyone heard anything about them

http://www.submityourarticle.com/main.php
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:58 am

You can submit your article to multiple directories, no problem. The main thing is that you follow the guidelines of each directory as stated - many of them vary in what they accept and expect.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

More questions on pros and cons

Postby edwinnyc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:19 am

hi lynn...( changed your pic, hair style looks nice on u )

pros and cons...if it is submitted in the wrong place will that count against me when the search engines check where the link is from and that there is no related content or does this refer to sites that pick up your article and publish it and their site is not related, what are some of the ways one directly benefit from article submissions

i thought the purpose was just to have your article included in their article directories for the purpose of people finding it and getting traffic from those people who find it in their directory and click on my link in the resource box back to me

what are considered online publishers and the pros and cons of pulishers placing my article on the website...confused..:>(
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:31 am

The page that links back to your site will be relevant to your site, if it contains your article - and you wrote an article related to your site content. Make sense?

You will not only get inbound links from the article directories, but also from websites that republish your articles. Most webmasters are only going to publish articles that interest their target market (ie are related to their other content).

Some will also publish your articles in their newsletters, so in addition to the inbound links, you should get traffic from these sites as they expose you and your article to their own readers.

As for "submitted in the wrong place" - I didnt catch your meaning on that?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

submitting to wrong place

Postby edwinnyc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:44 am

Hi lynn:

I do not understand when I submit my article what happens to it after that, if it can end up some how in a unrelated site, since I have no control over this process.

I believe I read some where, try to just not get links from any where, get links from related sites, when researching where to get links from. I guess I do not understand when I submit my article what happens to it after that, since I have no control over this process.

I guess I do not have clarity yet, on a lot of things..:>(

Example: ( Am I on target with the following )

I am promoting a new mlm home based mortgage business opportunity, at www.mortgage-careers-usa.com.

Should I not try to be getting links from related sites only, to get higher ranking, and getting my articles placed as well in related sites that I have control over in placement?

Like places where jobs are posted, since we are a nationwide mortgage broker like any other mortgage broker except we are a mlm mortgage company, sites for mlm people, home based business opportunity seekers and other places I that I may not yet have thought of! Any other ideas on where to promote and get links from?

Getting a headache...early in the morning......I know it is not that complicated, but definitely still confused on a lot of things when it comes to the mechanics behind online marketing strategies and the workings of all of this....one big puzzle..........:>(

Lynn

Thanks to your site, other members and mentoring from you.

I am learning a lot and must be patient, although my head spins at times and get headaches like now, since there is a lot to learn about the mechanics of internet marketing and other things yet not revealed!

One of the best deals on the internet for those wanting to learn about online marketing. Your site is a blessing for me, very happy since I found it and highly recommend the mentoring part for those getting started.

Your site deserves the praise, recognition, you have earned it.... :D
edwin
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 am

Thank you, Edwin :)

Honestly, I wouldnt worry to pieces over the article submission details. It is ONE PART of your overall marketing strategy... and most of the links that result from your submissions ARE going to be targeted. Why would a baby shower website (for example) want to publish articles about mortgage jobs?

Give it a trial run. Put together 3 good articles related to your site topic, submit them to at least 10 popular article directories, and track the progress.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay