[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have wrote my first blog article can I have some revues • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have wrote my first blog article can I have some revues

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

I have wrote my first blog article can I have some revues

Postby nid2210 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Hello everyone
Peter Alkemade here asking for a big favour!!
I have finally decided to try my hand at article writing and have started a series on creating and improving your BLOG.
What I am asking isn't going to cost any money.I just want some people to check out my article and let me know how I can improve my writting.

Please check out my article :

So you want a BLOG Make it successful with "BLOGGING 101"
By Peter Alkemade

So you want to set up a blog...Or already have a blog but can't work out why it isn't getting the traffic or return customers. Find everything you need to know to set you in the right direction with "BLOGGING 101"

Blogging is the latest craze sweeping the net and is a great source of revenue for the novice and proffesional alike. But it is no use telling everyone your opinion if no-one is listening is it? Learn exactly what it takes to be a blog genius and get people to listen and note what you are saying. Blogging 101 is the first instalment in a series of articles I have produced to help you succeed in your chosen topic...and field..

This is just the intro to my topic PLEASE read the full article here:
http://arachnidshome.bravehost.com/blogging%20page.html

Thank You
nid2210

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat May 27, 2006 12:02 pm

Hi Peter,

Before I review your article, or give you thoughts/suggestions, I do have a question:

What is the purpose of your article? For example:

Are you going to submit this article to generate traffic back to your website?

Are you using this article on your own website as 'unique content'?

Are you using this article to pre-sell the "Blogging The Complete Guide"?

If you have Microsoft Word or a similar word processor, you can paste your article into that and use the Spellchecker. It will often point out run-on sentences and give you other editing suggestions. This is always a good place to start.

I look forward to hearing more about how you plan to use the article, and will go over it in detail too in the meantime :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

thanks for the reply

Postby nid2210 » Sat May 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi lynn
The major purpose of these articles is actually just information and practise. Once my writing skills are back up to scratch (I haven't done any creative writing for more than 5 years) then I will start sending targeted traffic to my sites and opportunities.
I have, as you say, linked to "Blogging the complete guide" this is actually a free information site that could use some traffic and I have a few e-books and programs linked to the article as well.

Thanks again
nid2210

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 28, 2006 8:40 pm

If the article has a purpose, then it is easier to come up with a direct "call to action". I thought that might be something I would want to take into consideration when looking over your article - which is why I asked.

I'll start with some obvious but unrelated points:

- Using your own domain name will help with credibility, versus hosting content on a "free site".

- The title of your page is simply "blogging By Pete". The topic should be capitalized, not the word 'by'. Also, you want to put the full title or use your Primary Keyword Phrase here (in the title bar).

- Consider using more subtle matching or contrasting colors on your page. The bright green and bright blue together are quite distracting, and make the small text difficult to read.

- I would use a friendlier font for the cotent of your article - perhaps Verdana or Arial, and large enough to read through the entire page with ease.

- Make your call-to-action link at the bottom of the page larger and more prominent.

For typo's and grammatical errors, I would still suggest that you run the article through some sort of spell checker as I mentioned above. Do you have something you can use? If not, you might find a free one on Google...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

thanks again

Postby nid2210 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 am

nid2210

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay