[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - eBay Account Hijacked! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

eBay Account Hijacked!

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

eBay Account Hijacked!

Postby eBookWriter » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:42 pm

Monday, my eBay account was hijacked by someone selling bogus Rose bowl tickets. My account wasn't/isn't the only one targeted, but so far as I know, it's the only one that resulted with a "sale". The tickets were/are listed for $970 X four of them.

I think they are all listed as BIN. The one run from my account got listed and completed before I knew anything was going on -- and I am now stuck with $109 worth of FV fees.

The auction was listed at about 2 pm after I'd already checked in on my account. Two hours later, it was over. Found the emails from the buyer four hours later when I checked in again. He wanted to make sure the auction was okay before he forked out neally $4000 for these tickets. He didn't use the email given in the auction's description, but instead looked for one he trusted. Good idea! I told him we'd been scammed and went to get help.

Well, I finally got hold of someone next day in live help who got the auction and the listing fees removed. Listing fees were $5.80. However, they left the final value fees!! After four days of begging to have them removed, I'm finally told that they have to bill me and then I have to try to get it reversed! Can't do that until thrity days after I get billed. Which may be about Feb. next year!

There's another eBay seller who was luckier. She found the listing before it closed. The scammer got her for $1.10 in listing fees. I wish I'd been only taken for so little! But as I say, there wasn't a problem in getting those taken off.

Naturally, I'm not happy. Not only does it put us in a bit of a bind, but it's unfair that I have to be put to the trouble of begging for my money back. I just don't understand how they can see that the auction was bogus, cancel it and the LF, but let the FVF stand as if it was a truly completed auction, and tell me it's policy. In fact, when I contacted billing, the guy I talled tp tried to "explain" they were fees for auctions I'd listed. Got huffy then! God, how do they manage to skim over all the info on it being a fraudulent listing, I'm the VICTIM here, and then tell me it's a legal fee?

I'm soured on listing anything now, and I have a lot to list! In fact, I want to cancel my store even though there are watches on some of my products. But is that cutting off my nose to spite my face? Just feel as though I don't want to give them the business just now.

I don't know . . .I have another ID I've neglected while trying to build this new one up. Going back to that one while I decide what I really want to do. They've billed me for the next month of store usage. But, I may cancel it anyway.

Oh, and just for the record -- no I DIDN"T click on any link in a bogus email. I send a copy to spoof@ebay.com and delete. And lately the emails are trickier. They claim I've shown an interest or have bid on their auction, and since the buyer has opted out, I'm getting a 2nd chance to get the item. What morons! I know what I've bid on lately! And how would they know if I had shown merely an interest? Anyway, I never click on these.

I opened a new email address just for my ebay account. Chose new and really long passwords for both my ebay accounts and my email accounts. I had to do all this because that account had been locked until I did that and contacted security live help with all the info. What a pain!

Just thought I'd pop in with this heads up. Make sure your accounts are as secure as you can make them. It's not fun to be shafted like this. :cry:

Anita
eBookWriter

Postby AuctionMan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:16 am

AuctionMan

Postby eBookWriter » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:05 pm

eBookWriter

Postby AuctionMan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:22 pm

AuctionMan

Postby joymmills » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:01 pm

Well, I too had my EBay & my Yahoo account hijacked - but to BUY, not sell. And like you, I have NEVER responded to phish e-mails, and there is NO way my password would never be guessed by some software (it's the full name of my dead finace 10 years ago)

I think there is ad ware that is tracking key strokes.

Bigger issue is that this is happening A LOT on EBay but ehy are not reporting or changing security systems..I have contacted some reporters ...would you be willing to send me your contact info in case I get a reporter that is willing to investigate?

My personal e-mail is joymmills@yahoo.com
joymmills

Return to Online Auctions / eBay