[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Dropshipper/Wholesaler resources • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Dropshipper/Wholesaler resources

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Dropshipper/Wholesaler resources

Postby Rasby » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:41 am

Rasby
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:01 am

I havent used them myself yet, but has an eBay Auction Wizard that allows you to list products on ebay straight from your account with them. Then they dropship. They have a free trial, so it may be something you want to try out to see for yourself.

I'd love to hear from those that have used the or , too.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

re: Wholesalers dropshippers

Postby cmbb2003 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:02 pm

I have never used them. I had in the past used some dropshippers and had some problems with them, resulting in bad feedback on my part on ebay :cry:
I am now with a company that sells bath body and home products all at reasonable prices. I don't know what kind of items you are wanting to sell on ebay, but with this company you can sign up as a wholesaler or an independent distributor for FREE and then list their items on ebay using their pics and descriptions and have them shipped to them directly. Also at the same time it's your own business when you sign up as ID and you can choose many different ways to sell your items. If you want more info just check out my personal web site at http://www.delightfultreasuresandgifts.com
Thanks and good luck
cmbb2003

Postby AaronC » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Dropshipping to ebay is one of the easiest ways to lose money. Unless you have a niche item, ebay buyers will be unlikely to pay a profitable price. Someone once did the math, figuring in the cost of time, and found it worked out to less than minimum wage. By the time you factor in time, customer service, returns, bad bidders, etc... you need a 10:1 markup ratio to make a decent profit on ebay.

Also be aware that some drop shippers have a bad shipping reputation, which WILL effect your feedback rating if you don't investigate them completely before you sign up with them.

The trick to making money on Ebay is to bring people to your website. Get items with fewer features on them, list them cheaply (near cost) on ebay and feature your website with more advanced items on your site. People may be willing to spend more there, and you'll be pulling in repeat visitors if things are setup right.

For this reason I would not use drop shipping for ebay. I would spend afew hundred dollars and buy some cheap goods in my category from a "light bulk wholesaler", ie: someone that sells in less than $200 lots. Then lead to a site that offers drop shipped items from there.

As for finding actual drop shippers, you can never beat talking directly with importers and manufacturers. You usually get a 2:1 markup on drop shippers, but you won't be able to beat ebay and walmart prices... so choose your items carefully. Be aware of drop ship "clearing houses" or places that offer multiple "warehouses." They're usually middlemen, and if I find the manufacturer directly... I can undercut you. And trust me, if I can do it... so can many others.

Don't go for "hot" items, or "popular" items. The more popular something is, the more people will be selling it and the less you'll be able to charge. Go for items that are wierd, unusual, or very specific. The old ebay commercials of someone looking for specific ugly green lamps are entirely accurate, the stranger it is the better it sells.

Go to:
www.wholesalecentral.com

I know one of the account execs there. They have a merchandiser magazine specifically for regional flea markets. If you talk with those suppliers you can find someone willing to drop ship or ship in small lots.

Make sure you have a state tax and resell license before talking with these suppliers. If someone says you don't need it, they're probably just selling items near retail cost... which means you won't get much margin.
Not enough to make enough money. Resell certs mean you've spent a little time to get legal, ie: you're serious enough to be considered. Companies have to make a profit, how would someone make a profit by undercutting their other retailers thru you? There's always something fishy there.

This is something I've had quite a bit of experience with... bad, good, ugly. While I rarely do it anymore, I used to do a lot of telephone coaching for this. If you're interesting in something like that, let me know.
AaronC

Postby decorgalore » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:24 pm

I wholesale products and would be happy to help anyone who wants to get started with their own business. I also sell to retailers, resellers, flea marketers and eBayers who need inventory in any quantity and deeply discounted pricing. Take a look at www.decorgalore.net and click on wholesale for an overview of my offerings.

I am looking for distributors and wholesalers who want to start their own business. Mix business with pleasure! As a wholesaler or distributor with us, you can do so much. You'll run your entire business the way you want. Set your own pricing for the merchandise you sell all the way to working the hours you want to! I will also be available to you for help and support. No more work clothes, hose, or heels...work in your pj's and commute to the kitchen table!

This is a fantastic opportunity to be your own boss with unlimited income potential. Do take a minute to see what I offer and email me if you want more information or have questions.

patti@decorgalore.net
decorgalore

Dopeshipping

Postby HowardH » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:59 pm

HowardH

Postby Rasby » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:38 pm

Rasby
Elite Member

Postby auctionnet » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:31 pm

Rasby,
I exclusively recommend on my site. They are a very reliable, professional company.
At a bare minimum, they offer a 7 day free trial, so you can at least try them out for free. Good luck.
auctionnet

Dropshi**ing

Postby HowardH » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:48 pm

by well-know author and ebay PowerSeller Don Lancaster. The whole thing is worth reading, but his specific advice on dropshipping is on the bottom half of page 10.

7 days is not nearly enough time to find out exactly how you are going to get screwed by a dropshipper.

BTW, my wife is an ebay PowerSeller, as well. We learned the bitter lesson about dropshipping together. To get a more accurate spelling, replace "pp" with "tt".

I will NEVER again attempt to sell anything that I do not have in my physical possession.
HowardH

Postby Vera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Vera

Postby livinonline » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:56 pm

livinonline

Postby Vera » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:26 pm

Robert I agree with you whole heartedly. Research really is the key, plus I see dropshipping as just another avenue of making money, not the only way. There are so many other ways to get product that it just adds something different to your business.
Vera

Return to Online Auctions / eBay