[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need some ideas... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need some ideas...

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need some ideas...

Postby AuctionFlyers » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:27 am

AuctionFlyers

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:45 am

Hello Rich :D & Welcome to the SSWT Forum

What a great concept - I love it! I have to admit... I'm curious how you generate income with the site. I am assuming sponsors/affiliates as well as back end sales through your targeted mailing list (?).

Here are some thoughts off the top of my head:

1 - Sell items on eBay that appeal to your targeted market (other eBay sellers) and include Auction Flyers in your package to them - using them as a promotional tool for your own site. (Be sure to set up a detailed "about me" profile ;) ) -- This will be "proof" that they work as a promo tool!

2 - Write "eBay tips" articles and submit them to webmasters & newsletter publishers that reach your targeted market - including a brief description and link in your byline.

3 - It looks like you have already submitted to several freebie sites... submit to a few more!

4 - Exchange links with webmasters who offer complimentary content
`` I would be willing to swap a button/link with you on this page:
`` http://www.webservicenetwork.com/ebay.htm

5 - Join Ryze.com and set up a detailed profile ;)
`` Example: http://www.ryze.com/go/WebServiceNetwork

6 - Networking: check http://groups.yahoo.com to join the several large eBay discussion groups there. You cannot promote your site, but you can include a link in your signature each time you post.

7 - Write a press release
``

... If I think of any more ideas, I'll be sure to post them ;)

Good luck & keep us posted! Would love to have you register & join us on a regular basis :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:47 am

p.s. One more:

Charge a small membership fee and set up an affiliate program.

Still offer the free version of membership IF they include a button/link to your site from the main page of their website, or from their About Me profile if they dont have a website.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks Lynn

Postby AuctionFlyers » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:30 am

Thanks Lynn for all the great ideas.

Actually, right now, I'm hoping that Google Adsense will pay for the 'hard' costs of the web site operation.

Eventually, after membership builds, :roll: I would like to add a premium paid membership that would offer more content and services and still maintain some free content.

Rich Whittle
AuctionFlyers.com
AuctionFlyers

Return to Online Auctions / eBay