[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ebay's Internal Mail Server • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ebay's Internal Mail Server

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Ebay's Internal Mail Server

Postby carrie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:00 pm

What do you think about Ebay's new Internal Mail server?

It's extremely irritating that as a Gold PowerSeller we have been growing our eBay business and working hard to improve communications with our buyers, and then eBay pulls this stunt!

Why does Ebay bother sending the seller the buyer's email address when notifying us with an "endoftransaction" notice when they insist on curtailing our communications by indicating it's unsafe to accept email outside their new server?

Sorry to be such a stinker, but is anyone else as frustrated as I am?
carrie
Elite Member

Postby ninasmommy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:00 pm

ninasmommy

Postby carrie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:17 pm

carrie
Elite Member

Postby Vera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:14 pm

Vera

Change of Heart

Postby carrie » Tue May 30, 2006 7:16 pm

Recently I've had a change of heart concerning the email server...besides the fact that I'm limited by what I can post in an email through ebay (ie can't use quotation marks...what's up with that :roll: ), I like the fact that I can:
1. Post the question & answer in my listing if it's relevant...not that anyone reads that far down in the listing.
2. Have ebay keep track of my correspondence with various ebay users instead of having to wade through my own email sent/delete folders.
3. Have ebay automatically reference the item # I'm writing about.

So far those are the only pros I've come up with...

A few of the biggest cons are...
1. No links or certain punctuations are allowed.
2. All of the GOBBLY-GOOK verbage before and after the actual message that you must wade through.
3. When someone responds to something you write through the eBay system, it doesn't automatically include/attach what you wrote to them, so you get messages like "okay, send it there"...?HUH?

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what you all think...pros and cons.
carrie
Elite Member

Postby carrie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Some more...

PRO:
There's probably a better chance of emails getting through the Spam filters. (I'm constantly fighting that battle with my webhost.)

CON:
The character limit Sometimes a message warrants a long explanation and you can't go beyond a certain limit (the limit is smaller when referencing an item than just contacting someone out of the blue, I think).
carrie
Elite Member

Return to Online Auctions / eBay