[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - selling items as an affiliate • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

selling items as an affiliate

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

selling items as an affiliate

Postby windersnest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:09 pm

Hi,
Hubby wanted to get a tv projection kit and I started looking on ebay and I see someone I'm assuming is an affiliate of the website the kit's coming from.
Here's the auction I'm referring to:
http://tinyurl.com/ir5f

What do you think of selling items (buy it now option) from a site that you are an affiliate of? It's almost like selling from a dropshipper.

Thanks,
Sappho
windersnest

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:00 am

As a Seller, I've never tried it... As a Bidder, I dont think I'd mind.

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments on running eBay Auction listings with affiliate products!

What's your vote :?:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Auctioning Affiliate Links

Postby James Mann » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:25 am

James Mann

Postby karadawn » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:32 am

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:23 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:59 am

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:05 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:50 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:12 pm

LOL! Would you like a little chocolate with that coffee, Kara? :twisted:

8)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:12 pm

Ok,

Since I'm new to both affiliate programs and ebay, please bear with me.

Your saying that because I'm an affiliate of Bass Pro, I can sell their merchandise on Ebay? In order for the technique to work BeFree (affiliate company for Bass Pro) BeFree and the customer have to have their cookies enabled.

Just want to make sure I'm getting it!

Thanks,

Scott
scott

Postby karadawn » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:25 pm

karadawn

Postby windersnest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:42 am

Ok, I'll have to spend some undivided time to read what Mike wrote about his program.
I was thinking in the sense of picking an item out put it up for auction, and the winning bidder pays me, I go through my affiliate link and purchase it having it shipped to my "customer."
I would only do that with affiliates I know are reliable for example, collectiblestoday.com

Now the only problem is that I have to really search for an item that is at a good price that would even do well on ebay since everyone there is looking for a bargain.

Thanks
Sappho
windersnest

Postby scott » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:47 am

Thanks Sappho,

I would think that would be the only way for it to work. Let's wait and see if Mike responds.

Thanks,

scott
scott

Postby Mike Merz » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:55 pm

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Online Auctions / eBay