[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - selling items as an affiliate • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

selling items as an affiliate

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Mike Merz » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:24 pm

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby windersnest » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:45 am

windersnest

Postby teapotdee » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:02 pm

Hi. I've begun creating "feedback loops" by using my Ebay about-me page to encourage signups to my opt-in e-list, and connecting it to my websites. I am creating "niche" websites around various subjects and using the Ebay auctions to enhance the traffic to those sites, and vice-versa.

I hadn't thought about actually selling my affiliate product line directly through an auction, but I do have arrangements with a couple of my companies to buy their product outright in bulk (I am planning some table sales in the bricks and mortar world) and I think it would be ok to sell an occasional e-book there, but I think I'd keep the reserve price fair to the producer.

It wouldn't be right to cheapen the value of something on which affiliates are getting a good commission.
teapotdee

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:16 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:30 pm

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:55 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andre Chaperon » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:48 pm

Hi folks,

Trust me to come along and burst everyone's bubble <sorry> :wink:

With regards to selling digital affiliate products, eBay have a clear (as mud) policy that prohibits this, unless you are the copyright owner of the product. As it's an affiliate product, you'll obviously not be the copyright owner.

eBay prohibits the electronic delivery of material (via email
or download) unless the seller is the copyright owner of the
material and clearly states that in the listing description.
So if you are the copyright owner of something, and you state
that in your listing's description then you can deliver the
item electronically. If you just have resell rights, you may
not deliver the product electronically. If you put the
material on a cd and sell it, you may or may not sell it,
depending on whether it violates someone's copyrights or not
and whether it violates (any other) eBay policies. For more
information about these (other) policies, please visit the
following links:

I've developed a system whereby you can totally automate the delivery process of a digital product on eBay. If it wasn't for above mentioned policy, I could have a fully automated system of selling affiliate products on eBay, Whoohoo!

As for physical products--well it all depends if your profit would be greater than the listing fees. By this I mean Home Page Featured or Featured Plus!

Also, like Sappho mentioned earlier, selling physical affiliate products on eBay does sound awfully similar to dropshipping...

Just my .02
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

drop shipper

Postby robert » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:27 pm

hi, i am a manufacturer and wholesaler of home decorations, i do drop shipping, and i can give real good prices. if you are interested email me at roberlavi@yahoo.com :D
robert

Great insight from Andre...Words of recommendation to all!!

Postby Michael Perry » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:34 pm

Folks,

I pray that you don't get sucked into selling other peoples affiliate products on or through eBay.

Affiliate programs can work on your own site if you hold the affiliator accountable and have some type of audit rights...I'm somewhat leary of affiliate programs and would rather license out resale rights on consignment ...

The best way to get involved with Ebay is to sell high volume, mid to high level ticket items online for repeat business customers on conignment.

Michael Perry
Sr. Media Consultant
Las Vegas, NV USA
eBay username: adminservicegroup
Author of The Book Power Sellers Hate 3 Edition

Tip - You ultimately need to become your own brand..
Michael Perry

Postby Andre Chaperon » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:48 pm

Hi Michael, that's one scary-grab-your-attention baby face--really nice idea though :wink:

Take care,
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Do it yourself drop ship

Postby flythewing » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:26 pm

Not sure if this is on topic.........Heard some people on the prospero Amazon discussion board talking about virtual drop shipping thru Amazon Marketplace.
Also here's a link people seem to not have

Rosalinds Net Profits Coach
She even has an apprentice!
flythewing

Previous

Return to Online Auctions / eBay