[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - eBay Fees Increase coming Febuary 2005 • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

eBay Fees Increase coming Febuary 2005

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

eBay Fees Increase coming Febuary 2005

Postby fast-pack.com » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:51 am

We have just heard that ebay fees will be rising in early Febuary 2005. We have listed a few changes that will effect all sellers, but many more changes can be found on ebay's website at http://pages.ebay.com/help/announcement/1.html

*Ebay Stores subscription fees will be changed from $9.95 per month to $15.95 per month.
*Gallery fees will be raised from $0.25 to $0.35 per listing.
*10-day listings will be raised from $0.20 to $0.40 per listing.
*Ebay Stores FVF $0.01-$25 - 8% of the closing price
fast-pack.com

Postby karadawn » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:38 pm

Makes you wonder if it's even worth it to sell on eBay anymore. Heck maybe that's just me, I never did completely understand how in the world people made so much when they had to advertise outside of ebay!
karadawn

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:44 pm

I ended up paying so much for ebay, taking the time to list it, adding a link to my site........it just didn't seem worth it to me.

Although the exposure is great, I think maybe eBay is getting too big. It gets to the point that when I search for something I have 10 + pages of listings to sort through.
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby Vera » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:40 pm

Ok, just had to put my two cents worth in. lol. I'm a big eBay fan, but not a fan of the increases.

I do make a living from eBay and it gives me the ability to be at home with my 3 children.

If you're a website owner and making good money from affiliate programs, then auction selling is just another great stream of income. Also, think of it as cheap advertising for your site. Every communication you have with your buyer is an opportunity to advertise your site in your sig line, develop business relationships, and have huge exposure.

Vera.
Vera

Postby LuckyMommy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:47 am

LuckyMommy

Postby HowardH » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:53 am

HowardH

Postby karadawn » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:41 pm

karadawn

Postby Vera » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:03 pm

Absolutely, check out the less popular sites to purchase items from. http://www.mompackauctions.com is another one. :)
Vera

Return to Online Auctions / eBay