[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - new to ebay -- just a question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

new to ebay -- just a question

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

new to ebay -- just a question

Postby badscooter » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:55 am

badscooter

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:20 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby badscooter » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:42 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I've been looking at some similiar items I'd like to sell, and at first I didn't see any bids at all. (Then I realized I was looking at "time listed" rather than "time left" :lol: ). I sorted and then noticed some bids.

I have some clothing I'd like to sell; also some books, CDs, DVDs, etc. Hopefully I can sell some of it, rather than paying to list it all, and not selling anything.

Thanks for the tips and the welcome. :wink:
badscooter

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:24 pm

You're welcome :)

It really helps to look at the completed auctions that have already closed - and then you can even sort them by the price they brought. But the best thing to do is to just go for it , write the best ads you can (very descriptive) and include as much photo detail as possible. You wont know till you try ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mindy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:15 am

Mindy

eBay's downside

Postby HowardH » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:13 am

HowardH

Postby badscooter » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:36 pm

I'm just wondering what types of items ya'll are selling. I have some old magazines and books and CDs, and even some clothes, but when I do searches for the same items, I see no bids. So if other people aren't selling their 1993 Issue of Time Magazine, what makes me think I can sell mine? I guess it all comes down to having something people want/need.

But I do see your point about the low listing fees, so it's definitely worth a shot. So here I go...... :D
badscooter

Postby auctionnet » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:27 pm

You can find out exactly what sold, and for how much using eBay resource software. I would highly reccomend using hammertap.com "Deep Analysis"

With this tool, it can literally tell you if your item will sell, and how much interest will be generated.

Good luck.
auctionnet

Return to Online Auctions / eBay