This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Beware PepperJam - Terminating eBay Affiliates

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Beware PepperJam - Terminating eBay Affiliates

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:03 am

I received a surprising email from PepperJam:

from no-reply@pepperjamnetwork.com
reply-to no-reply@pepperjamnetwork.com
to Removed
date Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM
subject Affiliate Relationship Revoked

Dear Alan Petersen,

You have been terminated from the eBay affiliate program. Please remove your links, as you will no longer be eligible to receive a payout for leads or sales generated. This decision was made based on a variety of reasons, and we wish you luck in your future affiliate marketing endeavors.

Thank you.

Affiliate Team

They never told me of any issues and they send me the above notice from a no-reply email account. Gotta love this level of service.

I don't know what I did wrong. I only have one eBay store with Pepperjam. All my other stores are with ePN. I just used this one site to check out Pepperjam. Didn't feel they offered anything above and beyond ePN so that's my only Pepperjam store so no big loss on my end. I'm just a bit shocked by the complete lack of communication. That email above is the only communication ever. The only thing I can think is that I didn't promote that site since I was just checking out Pepperjam so maybe they don't like that the store hasn't made money.

Here is my site. If you can find what's wrong with it...let me know.

http://searchtelescopes.com/

The other reason I'm posting this is as a warning. Be careful using Pepperjam. I'm still an ePN affiliate so it's just Pepperjam that booted me.

I also blogged about it and tweeted about this and I've had several folks contact me and tell me the same thing happened to them this week. So PJN must be doing a mass purge or something. These affiliate networks are terrible at customer service. I don't know how they get away with it treating "partners" like that.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Return to Online Auctions / eBay