[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling Your Ad Spots on eBay • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling Your Ad Spots on eBay

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Selling Your Ad Spots on eBay

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:30 pm

For those of you that sell your ad spots on eBay… some tips to make the most of it:

Set up an About Me page!
What you aren’t allowed to promote IN your auction listing, you ARE allowed to put here: your website address, more specific company/product information, unrelated information, etc… and then you can link from your auction listing to your About Me page by saying “Visit My About Me Page to Learn More about Your Seller!” See mine as an example: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/lynn%40 ... twork.com/

Your Email Signature File
In every piece of email correspondence with bidders, potential bidders, auction winners, etc – use a compelling signature! They have taken the time to contact you and are obviously interested in your item (ie: your targeted market!)

Add an Auction Block to your website
an example of the Auction Block can be seen at the bottom of this page: http://www.marygoulet.net/sponsorinfo.html . Promote your auctions through your site and/or newsletter! If you need the code for this, send me your eBay ID and I will send you the customized code to add to your site ;)

If you are shipping an actual product…
Include your flyer, info-packet and/or business card in the package! This works best when you are selling products that are related to your printed material, or that reach the same targeted market ;)

Important point to remember:
Be sure to write compelling and thorough auction descriptions – and use plenty of keywords!! If one of the over 23 million registered users on eBay performs a search, finds your item and either bids or emails you… you have the captive eye/ear of a member of your targeted market! Use it to your advantage ;)

More tips on “Getting Started & Making Money on eBay” can be found at:
http://www.WebServiceNetwork.com/ebay.htm

Oh – and one last tidbit… if you are going to sell on eBay, why not make an extra few dollars every time you do it? Become an eBay Affiliate through You can make enough to at least cover your eBay fee’s with hardly any effort at all! (Receive $5 for every new registered member and .05 cents for every single bid! – I was able to get over 1200 nickels one month (= $60 in nickels!) – definitely something you want to consider!)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:38 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:55 pm

With , you will have access to banners, articles and all other material through each individual merchant - just like ... I recommend them both!

You'll also like - as this network allows you to give away FREE products to your visitors... and they PAY YOU FOR IT!

I'm right here with ya all the way with Affiliate Marketing - you may also enjoy the Sunday night chat if you can make it at that time (or the transcripts are available for download). ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:07 pm

I will have to go back to Clickbank and take a closer look because I know I would really like some buttons or banners for some areas (of course I will be using mostly text since the search engines pick up on that and not banners).

I had taken a look at Affiliate Fuel, but noticed they request your site have 2,000+ unique visitors a day. My site is a far cry from that just yet, but there is a possibility I can still get signed up since it does say sites with less than 1,000 visitors will be concidered if it's a highly niche market. Which I think my site could be concidered targeted to a highly niche market.

Ok, first things first.....must read that course, THEN get involved with the affiliate programs while finishing my site!
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:40 pm

Another great example can be seen at page at wsRadio.com - scroll to the bottom to see the "auction block" there.

Also see their eBay Profile:
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/momshowmom/

---

Kara - are you still running auctions at eBay and promoting them through the affiliate program?

---
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

1000 posts

Postby flensborg » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:42 pm

Oh my Lynn,

That was your 1000th post :D
flensborg

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:49 pm

LOL! Thanks for catching that, Henrik :D

I was off making 1001 just now... Gosh, thats some kinda landmark, ya think?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:53 pm

Thank you Lynn, now there is yet another radio show that I must listen to! I've still yet to check out Mom Town as per Mary Goulet's suggestion. :?

Yes I'm still using eBay for my advertising auctions and as an affiliate. I actually set up a auction list that's updated several times per week. That's been pulling in a few nickles a day. It may not be completely worth my time and effort, but it's also helping out the other moms (those are auctions by moms only). I'm going to be selling some items of my own here shortly. I think my mom and I are going to start cleaning out my grandma's house, getting rid of some junk (and valuable) items. I swear we could turn her house into a museum :shock: . She literally has furniture stacked on ever porch and room in the house - and it's a HUGE 2 story farm house with attic and basement (both of which are full of more antiques!). What we would like to do is help her separate the family antiques from the non-family stuff they have aquired over the years. Then when we determin what's ok to get rid of and worth something, my mom and I will work to sell those items to the highest bidder, keeping 10% of the profit or whatever as payment for our hard work. Believe me, my grandparents aren't hurting for money by any means. They've saved their entire life and litterally hand it out now just to get rid of it. Every time we see them we get handed a $20 (which is at least every week unless they go on vacation!).

Ok sorry, what was the question? Oh yes ebay.......good affiliate program for "spending money" ;)
karadawn

Return to Online Auctions / eBay