This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

EBay's PayPal Funds Freeze Plan Draws Fire

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

EBay's PayPal Funds Freeze Plan Draws Fire

Postby CorpRebel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:37 pm

"EBay's new policy of holding PayPal funds on "high-risk" transactions for up to 21 days has business owners spooked."

Link to article ...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/smbusin ... /index.htm

It never ends ...

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby wthomas46 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Yea, it seems like whenever a company becomes extremely successful they start forgotting the things that made them successful in the first place....their customers. This usually opens the door for competition to arise that offers better service and prices for others. Although one would think that Ebay has a monopoly that is impossible to break, it has happened to other 'giant's' and will happen to others in the future.
wthomas46

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:59 pm

The sad thing is...

An entrepreneur with enough capital and a sound business plan to compete with Ebay by offering the exact things that Ebay isn't right now...

Would probably succeed. The market is crying for it.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:43 pm

JosephRatliff wrote:The sad thing is...

An entrepreneur with enough capital and a sound business plan to compete with Ebay by offering the exact things that Ebay isn't right now...

Would probably succeed. The market is crying for it.

Hi Joseph!

True

BUT ... Even "deep pockets" Google isn't exactly "ripping it up" against PayPal. But their emphasis is on tangible items, I believe.

Problem is that most intangibles, which is most online marketer's products, are considered risky under most merchant accounts anyway.

I Hate the thought of more regulation but payment processors like PayPal need to have some sort oversight. They have too much leeway with huge amounts of other people's money. A TOS like theirs should not be allowed as written.

My attorney always cringes when he sees their TOS. Thinks we're ALL nuts! But he knows I don't sell alot of products myself thru them but I have to use them for receiving alot of my aff commissions. But I take them outta my account quickly! :lol:

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby nar321 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:14 pm

wthomas46 wrote:Yea, it seems like whenever a company becomes extremely successful they start forgotting the things that made them successful in the first place....their customers. This usually opens the door for competition to arise that offers better service and prices for others. Although one would think that Ebay has a monopoly that is impossible to break, it has happened to other 'giant's' and will happen to others in the future.

It's called Greed and Monopolistic practices.
nar321
Elite Member

Return to Online Auctions / eBay