[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Loss leader auctions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Loss leader auctions

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Loss leader auctions

Postby Mindy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:20 am

Mindy

Postby fast-pack.com » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:26 pm

fast-pack.com

Postby Mindy » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:28 am

I have a question about this concept. I have started a forum website for people who love Italian language and culture. The address is in my signature. Do you think it would be "legit" to run an eBay auction to promote the site? Here's what I'm thinking.......

I am offering a "free gift" to whoever registers and posts on the forum. The "free gift" is a link to the Italian version of Pinocchio (it's public domain, since it was written in the late 1800's). What if I run a dutch auction on eBay, and say in the item description that bidders don't actually have to pay me anything....they will receive the link to Pinocchio (giving me the opportunity to promote the website as well). It will cost me the listing and final value fees in order to reach more potential forum subscribers and participants. Do you think this would be acceptable according to eBay's listing guidelines?

I am going to post this question in the Powerseller forum on eBay, and I'll post any interesting responses here as well.

Thanks, everyone! :D [/list]
Mindy

Postby Mindy » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:21 am

Mindy

Return to Online Auctions / eBay