This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What can we do when . . .?

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What can we do when . . .?

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Recently my youngest son started up his own eBay account and while he's doing well with the products he's selling, he wants to offer more.

So he and I joined Liquidation.com and are awaiting approval. In the meantime, he and a couple of friends decided they couldn't wait, found a site called Ali Baba, and ordered some PS 3's from China.

He checked the tracking number for the order last week, and on Thursday, it showed as being in JFK Airport. But Monday, when he checked again, the order was somewhere in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We're in New York state near the Adirondacks. We should have gotten this order by now, we feel. My son thinks the consoles were delivered by EMS--never heard of it myself. Sounds like an ambulance service--but who knows? I haven't gone to this site myself, but maybe I should.

The boys have tried to contact the seller, but, so far, nothing. Phone calls seem to be responded to in Chinese, so they haven't a clue how to communicate. This place says it's been in business eight years. But that may or may not be true. Anyone else have any dealings with this place? Are they what they say they are? Have your experiences been good, bad or indifferent?

We'd appreciate anything anyone can tell us. Any advice as how to contact someone here in the Us in regard to the whereabouts of the order would be great, too. Just can't understand why it's so close to home one day, and halfway across the country a few days later.

Anita
eBookWriter

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:05 pm

An amendment-- The stuff is in Hopkins, not Minneapolis. I'm going to do a search on Hopkins to see if I can find what may be there to receive delivery of our order. Would it go to the post office, do you think?

Anita
eBookWriter

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:47 am

Just to bring this up to date: This guy/outfit/whatever turned out to be a scam. The kids lost all their money. But--not the motivation to keep trying. Me--I might have dropped the idea right there. Although, I'd had a bad feeling about it from the first.

In any case, they were given a fake tracking number for their PS 3s. Just makes no sense that their order went midwest instead of coming straight to us--right here in NY where the "order" came in, in the first place--like a mere six hours away by car. A call to the Hopkins post office got my son the info that nothing had shown up with his name and address on it. He tried calling the guy who'd taken the order, but got no where with that, either. Not knowing what else to do about it, he and his friends sucked up their losses and started looking into other possibilities. They're still looking.

So, that's about it for this sad story.
eBookWriter

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:08 am

Why people scam ? Can't they just used the correct way to do business.

Sign :(
Johnny

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:39 am

Unfortunately there are quite a few scammers on alibaba as you've found out. I've just found the following site which claims to warn users about them.

http://alibaba-scam.info/

Good luck for the future with eBay & let us know how it works out.
AuctionCUT.com

Postby laurie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:36 am

That's too bad. It's hard to get hit by a scam.

Have you looked into Worldwide Brands? They are endorsed by Ebay, I think (don't quote me on that). But they look into wholesalers to make sure they are legitimate.

I have an affiliate link, which I don't think I can post here :(

Please email me if you'd like it at homebusiness@frontiernet.net

It costs about $300 to join, but it's a lifetime membership. If your son is serious about this, it might be worth it.
laurie
Elite Member

Return to Online Auctions / eBay