[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - new to selling on ebay • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

new to selling on ebay

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

new to selling on ebay

Postby bargainelectronics1 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:55 pm

bargainelectronics1

Postby snowman2004 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:40 am

snowman2004

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:05 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Brandon..

Postby Pete Egeler » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:08 pm

Pete Egeler

Postby fast-pack.com » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:14 am

Good Advise Pete!
fast-pack.com

selling

Postby jamjar » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:34 pm

Hi All..I agree that is wise advice ,i started selling things around my house that i had first to learn the eBay ropes then after around a year i got into eBooks,and now i,m doing well,i sell an average of 60 ebooks a month,and having sold the stuff from my home first i built up my feedback,and a reputation of an honest seller,that is the key to eBay ,don,t go down the road of some,and try to make big money in the first 6 months,the only way to do that is to rip people off ! My advice is to take it slow,and build up a good eBay background,and also a big must is make yourself an aboutme page,this is a great way to tell the eBay family about yourself,and be as honest as you can,my link is below as an example,try to be original,and don,t just look on others and copy,make your own graphcs,and stamp your own identity on it ,hopw this info helps you ..however small...thxs Neil..

http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI ... fit-center
jamjar

Postby mepDave » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:56 am

I agree with the others here - get familiar with running multiple auctions just selling a few 'garage sale' items first, and learn how to format your auctions in an attractive easy-to-read format. I think some of the most important things with eBay is being responsive to your buyers, being honest, and shipping fast. I'd also suggest getting familiar with the best ways for you to ship items (printing labels online as opposed to using post office etc...) and also learning how various payment options such as PayPal interact with eBay (do you want to use PayPal invoicing or eBay invoicing etc...). With each of those issues, there are going to be several options for you to decide on, and it's all good to know before you would jump into busy wholesale auctions.
mepDave

Postby uniquelyyours » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:19 am

I started selling stuff from around my house as well, I this is a great way to get started. I did not see anyone list the link for which is now free to download. Really good stuff, I am reading it now.

Also here is something else its not free but may help as you get going when it comes to finding what's hot or not on ebay good luck.

Michelle
uniquelyyours

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:10 am

MYNAS! (Make Your Net Auction Sell!) is terrific - great recommendation ;)

There is also a through learnauctionsfree.com.

... and the Net Auction Masters Course via email, by the same author as MYNAS!, which you can get by sending a blank email to:
tnamswsn@sitesell.net (You have to use the subject: MASTERS)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Auctions / eBay