This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ebay/Online Consignment

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Ebay/Online Consignment

Postby prosperousparent » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:39 am

Good morning,

My husband and I have been thinking of opening a consignment store in the small town in VA that we'll be moving to in a couple years.

While doing the research I'm realizing that I have a *ready-made store* right here in my house. With 3 children from 16 months-15 yrs along with my love for a bargain. I have so many clothes it isn't funny (and all this after donating at least 20 bags~ really, 20~ to charity).

I have sold items on ebay before and I have a 100% rating at this point.

Do any of you sell on ebay without dropshippers? What types of things should I be doing to make this a profitable online business?

Thanks for your input,
Tracy
prosperousparent

Postby samwilson88 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:01 pm

One piece of advice would be to become as smart as you can about what you are selling. This requires research to find out what is selling and for what price. I really think this is the key otherwise you end up listing a lot of things that doesn’t sale. Ebay has a nice research tool for $9.95 per month and for me it is worth every penny. However, a lot of research can be done just from the home page of the site. There is a lot more advice from some really neat people here on this forum that is more knowledgeable than me. Just my two cents though.
samwilson88

Ebay Consignment

Postby wthomas46 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:47 pm

Have you considered offering your services as a trader for EBay for others in your town? It would go hand in hand with a consignment shop except you would charge them for taking the pictures, advertising, etc., and getting a percentage of the sale. Maybe that's what you have in mind, but I would think that you could get a higher percentage if you list your services as a trader/rep as opposed to consignment.
wthomas46

Return to Online Auctions / eBay