[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Dropshipping Idea • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Dropshipping Idea

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Dropshipping Idea

Postby rafeeqibrahim » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:38 am

Hi i just wanted to get some views and opineons off everyone about this idea i have.

I was thinking about building a site like ebay with a similar layout and lots of categories.

But i will be building a site purely on dropshipping meaning everyone can sign up for a free account and everyone can dropship or sell products off this site i might create.

Instead of buying your own dropshipping directory and getting scammed i was thinking why not become a number 1 resource for anyone interested in dropshipping.

I hope you understand what im thinking.

Please give me your views on what you think.

Thanks
rafeeqibrahim

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:41 am

Hello Rafeeq & Welcome!

Will you be supplying the products your members can dropship, or no? And if no, who will - the members? I'm curious what your plans are to generate revenue, exactly.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby rafeeqibrahim » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:49 am

Yes Lynn i will be the supplier of the products so i will handle the orders.
rafeeqibrahim

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:00 am

What will be your USP - Unique Selling Position?

Meaning, what will set your site apart from the hundreds of dropshipping sites already online?

This is an important point to address with any new project. Certainly not meant to discourage you ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby rafeeqibrahim » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:11 am

Well i feel it is not so easy to find real dropshippers online or in one place without having to fork out money to buy a dropship directory.

This is why i came up with this idea to build a site around this topic.

i wanted to be the number 1 resource for dropshipping business to take place and maybe if you spend hours searching you may find a dropshipper.

I want to provide a whole range of products you can sell for free and not have to go from site to site searching for products to sell.

I want to give my customers as much variety as i possibly can give and i would welcome all comments and ideas to improve my site and make it the customers best experience to use.

My site it suppost to make it easy to dropship and find all your dropship needs in one place instead of you having to spend money on directories and get scammed.

The best thing that makes my idea unique is it is free.

Now you will say well real dropshippers are suppost to be free.

My point is you can find dropshippers free but you have to pay for a directory.

Dropshippers don't really market too well in my opineon and rely on directories to get noticed.

My marketing method would be viral marketing and i have heard about it's results so it sounds very powerful yet i know not everything can be given away for free.
rafeeqibrahim

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:59 am

I understand what you're saying - yes, most dropshipping options require a membership fee, usually recurring. So your site will be free to all, which IS a good USP.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby rafeeqibrahim » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am

rafeeqibrahim

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Make your business sprint more, through web.

Postby LarryJones » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 am

The businesses which are running via internet can now have advantage through to make the delivery of their products directly to the customers by shipping.
LarryJones

Dropshipping idea...

Postby dropship » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 am

Well, it does sound like it will be a very pricey investment to get this started. That being said, there are already many successful dropshipping "malls" out there.

If it were me, I would probably find 3 - 5 products I could private label and dropship for people. Become a quazi-manufacturer that only dropships your own products.
dropship

Return to Online Auctions / eBay