[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Expanding Beyond eBay • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Expanding Beyond eBay

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Expanding Beyond eBay

Postby KCantrell » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:57 pm

KCantrell

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:13 pm

Hi Kim & Welcome to the SSWT Forum! :D

(I have to let you guys in on this: Kim is a very close friend of mine, though we lost contact for a couple of years until very recently, and she was also the one that introduced me to online business :!: In fact, she shared a resource with me back in 1996 that ended up being the foundation for everything I have done since. Give her a warm welcome ;) )

First - Congrats on the eBay success, Kim ;) ... it does make me wonder, though, why you want to focus more on website sales than continuing with the eBay sales.

My first two thoughts would be: Search Engine Optimization and Pay-per-Click advertising. You might also try networking on forums and in email discussion groups - also, Ryze.com has been the source of A LOT of traffic for me, and many others (be sure to sign my Ryze guestbook: http://www.ryze.com/go/WebServiceNetwork ;) ).

I look forward to hearing other tips & suggestions, and interacting with you here at the forum. I'm sure you'll be a great asset to those that are just getting into eBay selling!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby KCantrell » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:05 pm

Thanks, Lynn, for the welcome! :D

Considering eBay's ever increasing fees, the most recent having being effective just yesterday, and the fact that I sell a fairly low dollar item, eBay is becoming a less cost effective way for me to market. While I could pass along rate increases to customers, when you add this to the ever increasing cost of shipping, my product could quickly outprice brand names. They have buying power of materials that I don't. Therefore, more cost effective marketing keeps the prices where customers are happy and buying. :lol:

Thanks for the tip on Ryze. I'll check that out first thing tomorrow morning. For now, I'm actually going to turn in before midnight! :lol:

Kim
KCantrell

ebay

Postby jamjar » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:57 am

Hi Kim,I also sell on eBay ,i sell eBooks (mostly) i have also like yurself worked on my aboutme page to help bring in sales on my website,i think it is working so far,anyway i took alook at your site and it looks very good,i like the ccolors that you have used very user friendly...well done ! What i was thinking was if your interested i would place a link on my resourses page to your website,if you wanted..just a thought.. :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:20 am

Last edited by Lynn Terry on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

ummmm

Postby jamjar » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:20 pm

ummmm perhaps i better get some wax things lol seem to sell well on eBay,i must admit i have seen alot of candles and thigs in the field selling for big money on eBay,i think that the area to get into on eBay is craft and collectables..Neil ....
jamjar

Re: ebay

Postby KCantrell » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:39 pm

KCantrell

Re: ebay

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

re: websites

Postby tabberone » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:30 pm

tabberone

Return to Online Auctions / eBay