[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Square Trade=Bad Deal? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Square Trade=Bad Deal?

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do you think it is a good idea to have a "merit" or "quality" seal on an internet offer?

yes
33%
no
33%
sometimes
33%

Total votes : 3

Square Trade=Bad Deal?

Postby teapotdee » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:12 pm

I recently signed up for the 30-day "free" trial with Square Trade in my
EBay offerings. When I got around to reading all of the fine print, I
regretted the decision because I saw that one of the benefits they offer is
that, for a price, i can have negative feedback removed!

I thought, "This is not a good thing, because any one who knows the
benefits of this program will know that there is a possibility I have paid to
hide something"

When I resigned from the program, they told me my membership was put
on "hold" and started sending re-activation emails everytime I put up an
item. Some of these emails are tricky and I read every one in case they
send one of those "negative response" "acceptances" (which should be
illegal, imo)

They are not homoring the "remove" request that I have put in several
times.

They also did not tell me, when I signed up for the free trial and gave my
ebay password, that they were going to charge my bank account
THROUGH that info, and altho they did not charge because I cancelled, it
still bothers me.

There probably was some fine print telling me I was giving them my bank
info when I gave my ebay password, but I don't remember seeing it. I
thought that at the end of the trial period I was going to get an invite to
upgrade to a paid level, not automatically be signed in at the paid level.

I complained to EBay, but they say this is a third-party problem.
teapotdee

square deal

Postby jamjar » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:35 pm

Hi there,I have been a member of square traders for 2 years,and i have had a smooth ride with them,also you mentioned about the negative feedback ,and hiding something,well i had a negative feedback when i first joined them,and i went through all the forms to fill in online,and to cut the story down i had to keep it,as the other party thought that it was correct,i believe if you don,t both agree then it will stand ...So you can,t hide it ,but others might have horror stories to tell lol ...Neil... :cry:
jamjar

Postby teapotdee » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:00 pm

The point is, the mere fact that they suggest that there is a way of deleting negative feedback is, in my eyes, a sign that this symbol is not going to strengthen my image because my attitude is, if there is negative feedback, so be it. If the negative feedback is undeserved, there is already a mechanism to deal with it and there is a right to respond.

Their "no resignation" policy is what really ticks me off.

Apparently the only way I'm going to be rid of them sending these tricky
emails is to change my EBay identity, since I made the mistake of allowing
them to access my account via my identity, and I don't want to have to do
that. I have invested a considerable amount of time and resources in my
EBay name.

I now have to worry that sooner or later one of those spam emails they
send is going to contain language allowing them to re-activate my
membership if I don't respond. I thought about changing the bank
account attached to my ebay records, but they could still access the new
account if they re-activate my membership based on a "nonresponse"
permission, because they would still be able to open my file based on my
EBay name.

EBay doesn't seem to have a mechanism in place to protect someone against this kind of thing.
teapotdee

square trade

Postby jamjar » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:04 pm

Hi ..You have a very good and valued point,i hate SPAM !! ....tooo..don,t you just hate those buy this get one free emails ?? ..and as you rightky said eBay has its own way to deal with bad people,so its swings and roundabouts....
jamjar

Postby teapotdee » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:03 pm

My system has a good filter so i don't worry about most spam, but it's the tricky stuff like the fake "confirmations' and these "your membership is on hold" things that really bug me.

I know that the minute one cent is grabbed based on a negative approval, i'll have grounds against this company, but why should i even have to waste time watching for it? That is stealing my peace of mind!
teapotdee

Postby uniquelyyours » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:41 am

Morning
I joined square trade when I first started selling on ebay, as it turned out I just cancelled it to save costs. I frequent another forum plus also checked out some power seller listing and none of them had square trade so I begin to think I can use that $90.00 a year for my Google Adwords campaigns. thanks
uniquelyyours

uniquelyyours

Postby teapotdee » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:29 am

teapotdee

Return to Online Auctions / eBay