[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Re: Advice • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Re: Advice

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Re: Advice

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:11 pm

Andrea21

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi,

Thank you for replying. You can see the link system that I use at
www.careers-for-shy-people.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andrea21 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:18 pm

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I will try and create my own links page.

I have also started creating a blog on disney princess. The idea is to link to site blogs offering various products related to disney princess. I have only written the introduction so far. Would you be willing to have a look at the content that I have already created?

www.disney-princess-products.blogspot.com

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:01 am

I didnt read through it all, but it looks great so far. I like the layout and color scheme you chose for this topic. You can make the blogger bar across the top a lighter grey, by the way (I believe this is under the Templates tab) - might blend nicer.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kathleen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:39 am

I also checked out your site and thought the layout and appearance were a good match with the topic.

I'm sure you already have this in mind, but I'll throw it out there anyway. With a topic of this nature, and the intent (I assume) to sell products, I would focus on the feelings and thoughts of the consumer (well, really who the consumer is buying for) and why they might want/need the products.

Things like:

1) How little girls dream of being a pricess themselves and would love to be surrounded by all the cute "girly" stuff.

2) How parents and others can be happy to buy the stuff because the virtues that the princesses are ones they want to instill in their children and they are promoting diversity through the variety of the princess ethnicity.

3) How to find the "hottest" and "hardest to find" princess stuff.

In short, entice them to buy and make them feel good about getting the stuff for their children.

--just my thoughts anyway.

Kathleen
kathleen

Postby Andrea21 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi,

Thank you Lynn and Kathleen for your advice and suggestions.

Can you tell me if it's possible to place product pictures and descriptions on blogs? I have been to funtocollect.com and they have some nice products on their website.

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:50 pm

Yes, you can use HTML on your blogger blog just like you would a web page. You just need to be in code or edit mode (there are tabs at the top of your screen when creating a new post).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:04 am

Andrea21

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics