[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Advice on writing & selling ebooks • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Advice on writing & selling ebooks

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Advice on writing & selling ebooks

Postby Andrea21 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:29 am

Hi,

I have already mentioned in this forum that I wrote an ebook on the subject of careers and shyness.

I am shy person myself and have not worked for a company for a few years, which is why I am trying to find a way of earning an income online.

This is my question:

Is it allright to promote a book on careers suitable for shy people when I am not working in a conventional career. This is one of the reasons for selling the ebook at a low price.

I am trying to earn an income online. What do I do?

Since shyness is something I know quite a lot about, it seemed logical to write this type of ebook.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:16 am

If you feel you know quite a bit on the subject, and can research or collect submissions from others that do, then absolutely - of course it's fine! ;)

Dont sell your book too cheap, though - it makes your lack of confidence in it or yourself obvious to your visitors... and takes away from the credibility and perceived value of your work!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andrea21 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 am

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I just thought that perhaps I had to be in a traditional career or doing well in another career area to publish it.

I am thinking of bringing out another version of the ebook soon and perhaps I could feature some worthwhile work from home opportunities in it.

Appreciate any advice people can give me.

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby ChristyK » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 am

I think it really depends on how you are trying to market the ebook - what your sales page focuses on.

I feel it is much more advantageous if you are an example of the success gained from your instructions or be able to point to someone who is. Otherwise, it's all theory and you'd be misleading people if you sold them on the idea that it definitely works. Although you are not in the 'outside' career field right now, have the techniques you're teaching worked for you in the past?

Also, as Lynn mentioned, if you have no proof of success then maybe you could have others submit their suggestions and comments of success.

Basically, I feel that it would be misleading to sell theory presented as experience/fact even if you were not purposefully trying to be deceitful (which I'm sure you would not and I am not suggesting such :wink: ).

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:52 pm

Hi Andrea,

It could be the niche your looking for.....

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics