[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Buying Links - some questions ... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Buying Links - some questions ...

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Buying Links - some questions ...

Postby e-coach » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:04 am

Hi all!
I'm new here and I have some questions regarding link-buying.

I have made a few niche sites and I've heard that it would be a good way to get traffic form them if I build a "portal" site (which has a exclusive IP of course) and then place links on that "portal" site to my different niche sites. That way I only have to buy one high quality link for the "portal" site :-)

Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

And here are my questions:

1.) Where is the best place to buy links?
2.) Which kind of website should I buy links from?
3.) How long does it take until my "portal" site have a good PR?
4.) If I buy / rent a link on a PR9 site ... will my portal site automatically get a PR8 rank after the next Google PR-Update?

I'm looking forward to your help, your ideas, your tips ... Thank you!
e-coach

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:36 am

Hi & Welcome :D

Honestly, the better thing to do for your niche sites is to gain quality inbound links from other relevant sites. You can submit to directories, include your links in blog comments (not spamming, but relevant comments), exchange links, submit articles (<- best method), etc.

From everything you said, it sounds like you are focusing on Google. Two things to keep in mind: they "sandbox" new sites, and they frown on link-buying (or any tactic to manipulate results - including heavy interlinking).

RE: The best place to buy links - try textlinkbrokers.com and text-link-ads.com

RE: Which kind of site - relevant sites of course, related to the topic of your own site (or page)

RE: How long does it take to get good PR - It really depends on a number of factors. If it is a quality site with a consistent growth in quality links... you can easily achieve PR5 in under a year. That's been my experience anyway...

As for your PR9 to PR8 question, I dont think anyone can answer that with any certainty... but I honestly dont see a "portal site" with purchased inbound links pointing in ever reaching PR8... unless you have some super plans for the content that you didnt disclose.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Hi,

I have always trusted Jack Humphrey's Power Linking 2005...its by far the best on learning about links...

http://24hourweal.webtt.hop.clickbank.net

He does a great job teaching you how to get great links for your website....

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby astracker » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:39 pm

I don't buy links from sites--I find link partners using the SEO Elite software. It works great to get a lot of in-bounds very quickly. You gain traffic from the links AND from the search engines when they finally rank you.
astracker

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics