[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Its Starting to get discourageing • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Its Starting to get discourageing

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Its Starting to get discourageing

Postby Wally » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:10 pm

You really do have to be willing to invest some time and energy to compete with the active affiliates that are earning good money through ClickBank products - or any affiliate program. There are a lot of different affiliate programs out there... but succeeding with any of them is going to take some time and some work...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

That Not The Problem

Postby Wally » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:45 pm

Hello Lynn,

First of all thank you for being so patient with me and my problems.
I do not fear the competion its the people or the people who sell you
bad information...Lynn i am not going to vent here, i do not want you
to think that all i do is complain or make excuse..You have no idea what
i have gone through in the last year with internet marketing I know its
a process, its just that i have listened to or purchased bad information.

I have to start to be a little more careful to where i am getting the info,
and start to raise an eyebrow....

Thank again

Wally
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:15 pm

Honestly, anything that gives you the impression you are going to "get rich quick" or make money "the easy way" or "without lifting a finger" or "while you sleep" without investing some serious time & energy (if not money)... is wrong.

A lot of sales material eludes to that... but with some experience under your belt you begin to realize it is a "pitch" and you learn to read the benefits and features more closely than the headlines and emotional triggers.

Many of the things that are considered "scams" could still be useful and even profitable to the person who truly applied themself to the concept - and worked at it persistently and consistently enough to see results. By that I mean often 6-12 months invested in a business model...

If you have something specific you want to do - such as affiliate marketing (I assume?), then the best way to get started is to head to that section here at the forum and read some of those posts... and then post your own questions. A lot of people post there first before diving in, and everyone here is generally very helpful with the "getting started in .... " type threads.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I never Said That

Postby Wally » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:06 pm

Hey Lynn,

I never said that i was looking to get rich quick, i just want to make some
money like everyone else. I do not know what gave you that impression

Wally
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:52 pm

I didnt say - or even mean to imply - that you were looking to "get rich quick". What I said was: anything that gives you the impression , referring to the mistake on the copywriters end ;)

There is a lot of sales material out there like that, is all - and it can be very misleading as to what a customer needs to do with the product/software/information in order to achieve even minimal results.

Hope that cleared that up.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I Apologize

Postby Wally » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:04 pm

Dear Lynn,

I apologize if i misinterpreted what you said, At that point i had a little heat under the collar. I just thought that you said that i was looking for a qet rich quick schme...Once again i am sorry...

Wally
Wally

Postby Jim Guinn » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:09 am

Hi Wally,

Since you mention ClickBank, it sounds as if your main interest is affiliate marketing. Before you go a step further, you should read Ken Evoy's "Affiliate Masters Course". It is free and one of the best manuals for affiliate marketers out there. (If you don't know who Ken Evoy is, he is the force behind SiteSell - one of the top 200 Alexa ranked sites on the internet.)

If you go to the first website listed in my signature, you can pick up a copy of "Affiliate Masters Course" for free. (Look in the "Preparation" section.) I also have an excellent free tool called "Affiliates Alert" that you will find helpful in finding the best (best selling, on the rise) products to sell from ClickBank. (Look in the Merchants section.)

As far as making money from ClickBank or any other affiliate merchant/network, it often comes down to "it's not the products you are trying to sell, but how you are trying to sell the products" that determines your degree of success.

I hope you find these tools helpful. Let me know.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Wally » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Wally

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 pm

Wally,
In addition, try to sell to different audiences. Stay away from making money and internet marketing crowd. They will simply signup using their affiliate code. Of course there are ways to cloak and protect your clickbank link, but it's really easy to go around it.

Sell to the crowd who's not familiar with clickbank and affiliate marketing.

Bo
MarketingSyndrome

Postby Jeff Casmer » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:18 pm

Jeff Casmer

Making Sales

Postby Troy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:26 pm

Wally, don't get discouraged. I am an affiliate marketer, and have made quite abit. It's all about building a good website, and getting alot of traffic going to that website. Of course Knowledge is Power. Read as much as you can on the subject of affiliate marketing and building a good website. I'm in ths for 10 years now, and there is always something else to learn.
Good luck and success!
Troy

Affiliate Marketing

Postby Wally » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:49 pm

Wally

clickbank.com

Postby Troy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:26 pm

Troy

Great advice Jim!!!

Postby Troy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:47 pm

Troy

Next