[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Founding a non profit org • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Founding a non profit org

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Founding a non profit org

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:26 pm

Does anyone have any experience they'd be willing to share?

Everything I see is information someone wants to sell....

I'm looking for good, public information. A book I can find at the library or a free publication I can order would be great.

Thanks,
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:40 pm

I dont have any experience with non-profit, but there seems to be a lot of information from various sources compiled here: http://www.nonprofits.org/npofaq/

Hope that helps... Keep us posted!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:18 pm

You will need a lawyer or a CPA in that field to help you draw up the IRS papers and apply for non-profit status, etc. I know that much.

:) Kelly
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:01 pm

You have to form the organization and elect a board of directors.

I know for sure you have to file form 1023 with the IRS to obtain tax exempt status -- 501 (c)(3).

Articles of incorporation must be filed with your secretary of state before you can use the terms corporation or incorporated.

This stuff I already know. The board of directors would have to have at least a CPA for tax filing purposes. I know someone who is an attorney AND a CPA and I bet she would be interested in doing it.

I'll try to contact her and see what she says.

Thanks!
Jennifer Hadorn

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics