[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Re: Advice • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Re: Advice

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Re: Advice

Postby Andrea21 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Hi,

I would like some advice regarding one of the websites I am going to create. I can't decide whether to go for a general niche site or micro-niche site on beauty products. I originally considered starting a small site that concentrated on selling products related to homemade beauty recipes. However, since then I started wondering if it would be better to concentrate on several different types of beauty products?

What do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby Sandra » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:00 pm

I think it depends upon what your goals are for the website. Is this a hobby site or a business site? What is your income stream for the website? (adsense, affiliate, your own products, etc.)

If the site is related to homemade beauty recipes, will you offer products for people to buy? From my experience people who search for how to make something at home are not as likely to buy over the web. And they are even less likely to buy high priced beauty products (the ones with the best affiliate commissions. :wink:)

Have you researched the number of searches for the various micro niches within beauty products?
Sandra
Elite Member

Re Advice

Postby mp3sound » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:32 pm

Andrea when you have a wide topic the best thing is to create a product with broad appeal and then niche it down with your websites.

So for example if you are doing home made beauty products make it the best resource you can then create indirvidual sites for different niches. So you may set up one for home made beauty products for the professional business woman, for the woman on the go, for the stay at home mum and so on.

I usually have 10 to 12 sites for each product and this means you get a lot better ROI. Lets face it a domain costs you $8 and if you use reseller hosting you can host them your self for around $5 a year.

The copy is basically the same for each page but a few paragraphs and the heading change utilizing the keyword for each niche.

I sell a streaming audio product so I do the same. I have a general site and then many niche sites like streaming audio for churches, radio stations, poets etc. get the idea. Its a lot cheaper than advertising and you can also watch your stats to see how each one performs seperately.

Quentin
mp3sound

Postby Andrea21 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:29 pm

Andrea21

Postby KansasDragon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:17 pm

KansasDragon

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:06 am

I use , and host almost a dozen sites under that one account. At 24.95/mo, I am saving quite a bit of money (compared to what I was paying for full-service hosting accounts per site elsewhere).

Their accounts also come with an Affiliate Program Manager, which saves money on buying a software package or paying monthly fees for the service. The shopping cart they include integrates with PayPal - and with the affiliate program manager. Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg - they also have excellent stats (3 or 4 different packages - I actually analyze stats through 2 different programs they offer... some offer more than others). They have tons of scripts, lots of great options.

I went through a lot of hosts before I found ThirdSphere... and so far I've been super pleased with the service & support. Definitely do your research there before making a decision!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics