[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Traffic Exchanges....Do They Work? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Traffic Exchanges....Do They Work?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Traffic Exchanges....Do They Work?

Postby daneel333 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:28 pm

Hello from sunny Spain! :D

I'm a few months in to my internet marketing "apprenticeship" and I feel like I've gone full circle a few times already :roll:

I've got all the recommended tools back in place (after deciding to start from scratch) and I've focussed my efforts on just a couple of affiliate programs.

The thing is I set up all these traffic exchanges a while back and now I harldly touch them.

What I want to know is...Do they work??

I will quite happily use them daily if I know that they get results but I haven't had any positive feedback yet on TE's from anyone else.

If anyone out there uses this method successfully please let me know otherwise I'm ditching traffic exchanges as a promotional tool.

My heart goes out to all the hurricane victims. I hope they can return to their homes soon.

Javier
daneel333

Postby PattyGale » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:23 am

Welcome Javier!

Honestly? In my opinion, traffic exchanges are a waste of time.

The best visitors to your site are those looking for the specific information or product that your site offers, not the hundreds of people surfing for clicks or credits just to get hits.
PattyGale

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:59 pm

Generally, it's not worth your time. If you want to advertise on a traffic exchange program, start your own traffic exchange program. That's the best way to benefit from traffic exchanges.

A few things that still works.

1) Advertising other "free advertising" resources

2) Getting people signed up for your newsletter or lead generation system.

But spending hours for like 100 credits is a loss. Rather, buy the credits, if you insist to try them. Starting your own traffic exchange will be the best bet if you really want to try them.
MarketingSyndrome

Traffic Exchanges

Postby neverlandmall » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:27 pm

I'm unsure of what you are asking is actually working in traffic exchanges. If you mean trading your link for theirs in order to drive traffic to your site, it works like this:

Rarely do people actually see your link and think Yeah, I'll go visit that site. Most linking sites have way too many links to actually browse and often times they are not even related to what their site is about.

What it does do is boost your website ranking with Google, Alexa etc. which eventually WILL bring more traffic. I think it is a MUST DO. I had a company for 15 years in Vegas and held the number 1 spot on every search engine for almost 5 years due to search engine marketing. I now have started a new site, that started on the very bottom (in the millions) and now is now below a million in only 6 weeks of using traffic exchanges.

Hope that is what you meant. *smiles*
neverlandmall

Postby AndrewHealth » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:35 pm

should be used as a mass promotion tool. Don't use them with the intent of gaining specific customers for your product/service.

I have had success with them in the past, also a free method used to boost Page Rank if you use a number of them.

With that being said, I think that your time is better spent elsewhere for advertising - but traffic exchanges ARE free, and free advertising is always nice to come across.

Good luck in your quest for website promotion.
Your friend,
AndrewHealth

Postby karie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:44 am

Hi!

I know some people like them, some people hate them. I think it depends on what you are marketing. I myself have gotten sign ups for my home business using them, so I have to say I am a fan. 2 That have worked well for me are:

http://www.trafficpods.com/index.jsp?ref=karieM

http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?356184

Good luck to you!

~Karie :D
karie

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:47 pm

Jeff Casmer

Javier, Try Some Viral Marketing For Free

Postby DeadInToIt » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi Javier,

I decided to start using a that is actually driving a lot of traffic for me.

Read the info on the home page I have linked through a banner and you'll see it makes since. I'm really amazed someone hasn't thought of this before.

I'm using it to build my list of networkers (My Target Market) and so far it has been pretty incredible. So I put up a domain to share this system.

Again it is FREE, but you will have to promote it of course. All the free ways is all I have done so far and my traffic has tripled in 3 days.

Holpe this helps,
DeadInToIt

traffic exchanges

Postby Troy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:45 pm

Troy

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi,

Another great free traffic exchange is viral program where your ad gets rotated......this has worked for me as well....its not meant to be your only source of promotion but to enhance it....

http://www.FreeViral.com/?r=67832

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby neverlandmall » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:59 pm

neverlandmall

Re: Traffic Exchanges....Do They Work?

Postby Sherman C. » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:14 am

Found this topic by Googling "do traffic exchanges work"

For Traffic Exchanges to work, requires a good landing page and message and tracking. It takes time to tweak a successful traffic exchange campaign.

As compared to Google Adwords, or MSN, there is no loss of money, only free credits, so that allows one to test campaigns there for free before launching it onto Adwords.
Sherman C.

Postby AlexNewell » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:04 pm

I think it depends on the T.E Javier

I have not used them but have listened to a bunch of expert T.E. owners discussing the best ways of using T.E.s.

The main thing is to create a "splash page" - a simple name squeeze page - headline, subhead, a few benefit bullets a freebie for signing up and a subscription box to your autoresponder.

Possible T.E. would be dragons surf, advertising know how, and check out affiliate funnel too.

Do not try to sell directly to T..E surfers - but they are a very targeted audience for Internet products. They all want more traffic, cheap domain names, affiliate link cloakers, cheap reliable hosting and so on!

They do work as far as I know but use them to build your list not to sell to directly!

BTW One tip from the owners is to produce a different splash page for each exchange you use - all you have to do is alter the headline - special offer for all xyz members! That gets attention!

If you do use them check back and tell me how you're doing!

All The Best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics