[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Brand new • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Brand new

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Brand new

Postby michaelv » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:29 am

michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:19 pm

Hello Mike & Welcome to SSWT :D

101 SuperTips was a good start! If you are interested in Affiliate Marketing and Adwords (or PPC - Pay Per Click advertising), then I would recommend Rosalind Gardner's . She goes into great detail, and has a great writing style - making it easy to understand from the very (very!) beginning.

If you are unsure what you want to do, then you may want to ask for suggestions here at the Forum. There are many that could share business ideas, business models or options for earning money on the internet.

You'll find the Members here to be super-friendly and very resourceful - so jump right in and just ask! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:50 pm

Lynn thank you for the reply. I will look into that book for sure. With so many websites and books and methods, I'm not sure which book to choose.

Is there anyway you can tell me without getting into great detail what an affilliate program is and how one can make money by it. The same with adword and pay per click.

Mike
michaelv

Postby Teena » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:32 am

Hi Mike,

I've been doing my research for a couple of months just like you want to do, and it's hard to know what to buy ...

I talked to a lot of people and Rosalind Gardner's website was written in a way which made me think she was a good person with lots of real info to share, I checked her out on the internet to see where else her name appeared, I got a recommendation from someone who'd used her ebook, and I bought a copy myself last week.

Incredible amount of info and so easy to understand! http://www.superaffiiliatehandbook.com

I would also recommend an ezine with similar info which is free called Forget The Hype at http://annamarketing.com/pops/splash.html

With both of these, you'll get a really good idea of what it all means.

Do plenty of research and work out what works best for you.

Good luck!
Teena
Teena

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:49 pm

I was just on overture.com, and I was wondering where do they get all of their merchandise from? Are these examples of affiliates?

Mike
michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:52 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:07 pm

michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:33 pm

Yes, that was likely Overstock.com advertising their site, or one of their affiliates...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:47 pm

So where do they get all the products they sell from? I m talking about overstock.com.

Mike
michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:50 pm

You can read more about that on their .

They offer an Affiliate Program, so if you want to promote their products, you will earn up to 7% commission on the sales generated through your affiliate link. You can read more about that here: http://www.overstock.com/shop_alliance.html
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:31 pm

michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:53 pm

You would need a large amount of capital, or an investor. Locate the wholesalers and negotiate a deal. Market research & advertising to reach the potential buyers. Space to accomodate the inventory, and staff to manage it (inventory, accounting, shipping, customer service, listing/advertising).

On the flip side, with hardly any time or money invested, you could become an affiliate/reseller and earn a percentage of the sales without ever touching the inventory or dealing with customer service. That's the beauty of Affiliate Marketing ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby michaelv » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:57 pm

I guess I would need a my own website first. Which I don.t have a clue on what I could make it about.

Mike
michaelv

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:06 pm

From this point, I would suggest you check out my most recent archives - starting from the bottom (oldest) and working up (to most recent): http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/archives.htm

Specifically 12/15, 12/21 and 12/28 - in that order. That should give you some good ideas and a starting point ;) Let me know if you have any questions!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics