[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I'm a newbie!! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I'm a newbie!!

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I'm a newbie!!

Postby ipope2 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Hi All!

I am new to the board and new to the concept of internet marketing. I am quite fascinated with all of the information that I have come across, but I feel so overwhelmed that I just don't know where to start! I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. I would love to be successful at this and know that it does require time and patience. I am prepared and willing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
ipope2

Postby americanwahm » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:20 pm

Welcome Iesha, you'll find good info here :)

Do you have any interests that might lead to a content/information based website?
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:56 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ipope2 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:35 am

Good Morning!

Well I have partnered up with a healthcare company called Procard International. They have a discounted medical plan that I can market, or try and recruit other people to work from home and I get paid a commission. While I know that the concept of a discounted medical plan could be very, very, successful if marketed right, I just don't know where to start. I am still in the process of learning how to build a website, so if you click on the link below you will see a very simple site.

I could really use help in writing an effective sales letter and building a website. I signed up with Yahoo Small Business, but if you notice at the bottom of my webpage I get their advertisement. How do I get rid of that? Or is that not an option?

Again, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
ipope2

Postby Dean Phillips » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:54 pm

Dean Phillips

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Here is an article I wrote which might help you

Postby mtim2000 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:58 pm

It's called "10 Traffic Generating Ideas" and I wrote it to help people promote their websites. Most of the ideas are FREE.

I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from this article. I hope it helps you too! :)

http://www.michaelhansen.us/makemoney.html

Michael Hansen
http://www.michaelhansen.us
mtim2000

Tried Procard Myself

Postby ramon3309 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:45 pm

Hello Iesha:

Tried Procard myself but was not very successful, primarily because I am also a newbie and Procard has a very short timeframe for those who wants to stay in for free. I wanted to market Procard entirely online, then that's how I found ProfitRally, where I was able to learn a lot about online marketing and where I have been a little more successful. I also wanted to add that Procard's "splash page" wasn't really an attention-grabber, which was maybe another reason i couldn't get it off the ground. Guess I just wanted to add my 2 cents (and vented a little bit about Procard).
ramon3309

Free Web Pages and HTML

Postby cyberjim » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:52 pm

I too am new at this internet maketing business. I would like some ideas or thoughts on Free Web pages. The reason I want free pages is that I want to make sure that I can build a good web page before I pay to have it hosted. Also does anyone know of some beginning
HTML, free, that includes practices while learning?

I have now read many of the posts here and feel I have learned a lot. I intended to read even more. I have already recieved some good advice and appreciate it very much.

Jim :)
cyberjim

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics