[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Energize Your Mailing List • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Energize Your Mailing List

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to Energize Your Mailing List

Postby David Jackson » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm

If your mailing list isn't producing the kind of results that you expect, here are are a few tips that may help energize it.

1. Make people opt-in to your list. Research has shown that when people have to opt-in to your list, they are more "qualified" prospects.

2. Provide valuable, interesting information. If the information you send your list is boring or crap, your prospects will either ignore future mailings or opt-out faster than you can say "Hussain Bolt." :wink: Neither scenario is good.

3. Don't make every mailing a sales pitch. If you make a sales pitch each time you mail to your list, they won't respect your information.

4. Keep your list motivated. Conduct reader surveys and opinion polls. Let your prospects know their opinions matter.

5. Keep your list clean. If after mailing to your list consistently for two years, drop those prospects who haven't made a purchase. If they haven't purchased anything in two years, they're probably not going to. DEMC cleaned their list recently, and their list shrunk from 135, 000 to 35,000. But here's the amazing part. Even though DEMC's list is 100,000 subscribers smaller, it's just as responsive as its ever been, according to advertisers. Dropping a bunch of deadwood won't hurt your bottom line.

6. Separate your list into two categories - customers and prospects, and mail your customers special offers to reward their patronage. If they purchased from you once, they'll purchase from you again and again. You just have to give them a reason.

David Jackson
Last edited by David Jackson on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
David Jackson

Postby angienewton » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Great tips, as usual! I really need to get back to my list. I had let it go by the way side because (insert excuse here) I was so frustrated making the html work in Aweber. I need to just get back to the list and for now I'll be doing it only in plain text. Nothing exciting but I want to keep in touch with my list on a weekly/monthly basis.

I'm trying to brainstorm things to send to them and I do want to do some sort of poll or survey to see what they want to see on my website.

I also need a separate mailing list for my blog and need to get over being scared of the techy factor and just learn how to do it. At this time, I can't outsource it so it's all me. Gosh I look forward to the day I can outsource all this stuff that I don't care to do.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 am

David Jackson

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:18 pm

mellymom3

Postby David Jackson » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 pm

David Jackson

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby David Jackson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 pm

David Jackson

so practical

Postby mlm prelaunch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:02 am

This is so practical and a great way to educate those who still keep that "long dead list". :wink: Great!
mlm prelaunch

Re: so practical

Postby David Jackson » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 am

David Jackson

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics