This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hosting transfer

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Hosting transfer

Postby DJSFran32 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm

I have a hosting account with GD and I want to transfer that to HG but am not sure what to do. Spoke with both companies and both had different ways for me to do this. Where can I find instructions on how to do this?
DJSFran32

Postby angienewton » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:45 pm

I would follow what HG, your end host has to say. They can help you with the transfer. I have never done one so I can't help.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 pm

When I transferred, hostgator offered to do it for me. Ended up I didn't need their help, but go for it if you need to.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby wade_watson » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 pm

This is pretty easy once you find out where to click and all. At Godaddy, you need to find out your the nameserver codes for you domain name. This will be 2 or 3 addesses, something like "ns1.godaddy.com" and ns2.godaddy.com. You copy these, go to your new host and enter them in the appropriate boxes for nameserver info. After a short time (could be a couple of days in some cases), your new host will be the recipient of the domain name.
--Wade
wade_watson

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 am

Host Gator will move a new account for free. If you're not sure how to get things moved safely, I'd take them up on their offer. They usually get it moved pretty quickly too.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 am

I agree with Loretta...HG offers this for free. And they are awesome with customer service, you will be happy with them. :)
tam2005

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics