[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Affiliate Marketing • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Affiliate Marketing

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby shelwriter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:08 pm

shelwriter

Postby Andre Chaperon » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:40 pm

Shel, just so we're all reading off the same hymen-sheet, I'm NOT "suggesting" you "do" promote resell-rights products. I'm also NOT "suggesting" that your "don't"...

In my option affiliate marketing is not so much about the "product" as about the "consumer's" WANTS and NEEDS.

My idea of a successful promotion is putting a product/service in front of a prospect that is ALREADY looking for this product/service or solution.

I wouldn't "necessarily" take a product and "then" try finding the market and or consumer group for it. I tend to work it the other way round...

With that all said, "if" your product does full a gap, a need, a want, then sure, fire away... just create a marketing process that is "BETTER" than your competition ;)

There are "many" ways to skin a cat, but this is just the way that "I" find works best for "me"...
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby shelwriter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:19 pm

Andre - Lynn -

I think I actually GOT it now. Finally! :roll:

Thank you both! I owe you guys! Big Time!

Okay, I'm off to go make some $$!! Wish me luck! :wink:

Blessings to you both.

Shel
shelwriter

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:24 pm

Shelle,

I've done it all three ways :lol: (that helps a lot, huh?)

I have a one page sales letter than I am working on now that I have registered a new domain for.

I also just registered a new domain for a directory type site - that has a whole slew of product pages on the site, all related by a common denominator - but the products arent related to each other at all.

I have put up promotional web pages on one of my current domains - competely unrelated - before. While I did get results (make sales), I knew it would have done better on its own domain (one that reflected the content & products).

It really depends on the product - and the type of promotion. You can register a general domain name and then put sales pages up to use in your PPC Campaigns that you want landing pages for. Or, you can register a domain name for that product site/page and SEO it.

The domain name DOES affect conversions on any given page - relevancy is important, as it gives the visitor a sense that they are on the right site (and sometimes, on a 'legit' or 'authority' site).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shelwriter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm

:idea: Aha! I did get it! YAY for me!

Sheesh - now I all I need is more time... LOL

I'm off to finish some paying work and then I'm going to get started! I'm excited!

Gosh, I didn't mean to take up so much space here! Sorry!
:shock:

Shel
shelwriter

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics