[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - An idea I need opinions on, Please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

An idea I need opinions on, Please

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby AnitaHampl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Monna,
I just started reading this thread. First, my condolences on the loss of your dear husband. I think you are honoring him by seeking to help other people enrich their lives as well as deal with losses.

I posted a comment on your Ezine Article "Life is Too Short". Did you know you have had over 1100 page views already? You are on to something that people need!

Two things (remember this is from a rookie):
* on EzinesArticles, you might want to include an actual resource box, that has a link to a related site of yours - look at other author's styles. This would be a paragraph that ends your article - without them having to consciously choose from a list of URLs.
* re: SEO, metrics, and all, if you are not already proficient in all this, take a look at Carrie Wilkerson's article Catching Flies with Honey: Sweeten Up Your Social Networking! It might take some of the pressure off and let you do what you do best, which is share your heart with people.
http://www.carriewilkerson.com/carriewi ... orking.pdf

Best to you,
Anita
AnitaHampl

Following your blogs

Postby createyourdream » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi, Monna,

Saw this thread and your signature links, and am following you on your blogger blogs. It is so encouraging that your ezine article readership is going and growing! Congratulations.

It's clear that there is a need that you are providing some solutions for here. Keep moving with it as you can. It is hard to be so close in working through something like this loss and adjusting to life without your partner at the same time that you're creating a space online with it too.

In Ezine Articles, which I am just starting to use, that resource box can be edited at any time. As suggested by Anita, you can include a relevant url to begin capturing the names and emails of those readers who want more...

It sounds like you have a few other online ventures that you are already monetizing. Is the quilting and scrapbooking going well?

Let us know your progress and links for any feedback you may want.
(off to check on my articles, and bio box)
Best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Thank you Anita and Mary,

Thank you for your condolences. No, I didn't realize I had that many page views. The article report I have been looking at only shows 408. I must be missing something here.

I don't see a comment on my article. It shows 0 where the comments section is.

Thank you for the referral from Carrie Wilkerson. I will definitely read it and work on my resource box.

Mary, I am selling a few of the DWR quilt books but not as many as I would like. The scrapbooking blogs are not doing so good. I am thinking of combining them into one. Just another thing on my list.

I do have a couple of more articles in the works and some Squidoo lenses up, so I have been busy.

I know I have probably have too many projects going on at once but it sure keeps my mind occupied and I definitely need that right now.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Rasby » Fri May 08, 2009 6:16 am

Rasby
Elite Member

Postby DJSFran32 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 am

Monna,

Good morning, just checking in to see how you are doing.

It does not get easier. It just changes. My husband was 45 and we were raising our granddughter together at the time of his passing. I would love to read more of your post on this but can not find them other than this forum. If you need ideas for articles on this I would love to help.

Head up, keep going and smile. It takes at least six months before you pass through the fist door of grief.

Fran
DJSFran32

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Fri May 08, 2009 8:28 am

Fran,

Thank you so much for checking on me. It really means a lot. I am doing some better with new medication.

I know I haven't been around much lately but I have been busy working on lots of things, testing things out and seeing what works for me and doesn't.

As you see by my signature I went ahead with the Grief blog and the other link is pretty much everything else I have been working on.

Keeping my head buried in this computer keeps my mind off of everything else.

I am not here yet :D but not stuck here anymore :cry: kind of in between.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby angienewton » Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 am

Monna,
Glad to see you checking in! Be sure to let us know if you need any help on blogs or stuff. You're doing great!
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Fri May 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Previous

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics