[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - An idea I need opinions on, Please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

An idea I need opinions on, Please

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

An idea I need opinions on, Please

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:34 am

Monna Ellithorpe

Re: An idea I need opinions on, Please

Postby KarenMcG » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Karen,
Thank you for your condolences.

You did bring up some good points that I hadn't thought of in terms of "what if Lynn had decided not to put up this forum or offer her help, information and knowledge that she has?"

I have looked in to some key words concerning this very subject and most of everything I find is not a whopping million of searches but seems to have very steady searches over the years, unfortunately.

I am thinking I can also help myself in my own healing and maybe help someone else going through it too.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Don't take this wrong, I value your opinion and I will probably proceed but I would like to hear different views on the subject if any one else cares to comment.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby AlexNewell » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 am

Monna

I am sorry for your loss.

Karen has given excellent advice

As you say this puts you in the position of being able to help other people. Death is almost a taboo subject in this society and that makes things much worse for the bereaved.

As long as you come from a place of genuine help you will be appreciated - someone with the wrong motives would not have asked the question.

That being said you must approach it like you would with any market research. There's a whole marketing and internet education on Lynn's blog

This link will get ya goin' http://www.clicknewz.com/?s=market+research

And come back and ask here in the forum too

All The Best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 am

Thank you Alex,

You and Karen have made me feel more at ease about this project.

I have been learning off and on from Lynn for quite a few years but just never really worked hard at it and now I seem to have a reason to.

I have learned a lot going through the grieving process, the feelings, the reality, the emotions, the paperwork and what should have been done before and after, etc.

If I can help someone avoid the pain (which cannot really be avoided and shouldn't be suppressed) but avoid other complications that comes after the death of a loved one, such as problems I have and am still dealing with...that is my main goal.

Thank you again.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby AlexNewell » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 am

"You and Karen have made me feel more at ease about this project. "

Good to hear that. You mentioned keyword research so lets go over to Google and look at some data

(1) Keyword research
If you go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
you can try various keywords to find out what people are looking for.

e.g. grief support 22,000; grief bereavement 22, 000 also - similar terms also. It looks like there is a business here. But you must be careful which keywords you focus on. Run your selection past Lynn when you have say a dozen keywords.

(2) Possible product
A quick look at clickbank found this ebook
http://www.howtohelpwithgrief.com/ not only that but the merchant has a page http://www.howtohelpwithgrief.com/Affiliates.html with banners etc to help you.

Hope that helps

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Thank you again, Alex.

This gave me more ideas on keywords and phrases.

As for the Clickbank products I have already looked at them and they are on my list to add somewhere along the line.

I am just undecided if I should start with a blog (because of limited funds) or take the plunge and get a domain name and actual web site now or try it out and see what happens and then switch over later.

I have to make very careful decisions concerning money now days.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby AlexNewell » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 pm

AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby AlexNewell » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm

AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby KarenMcG » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 pm

My, Alex and Monna,

I see I've missed all the action in here since I posted last night/Wednesday.

Alex has given you some really great information, Monna. In fact, things I wouldn't have thought of. I'll have to take a page out of "his book" and use some of it for my stuff. :D

You mentioned Wordpress.com. Actually, the way I understand it, Wordpress.org is more the blog site of choice. Their templates are free. But I do realize you're more comfortable with Blogger.

Oh, I'm so glad you decided to consider proceeding with your idea, Monna. Now I'm going to go look at your Squidoo lens.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby jbwood » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 pm

I don't see how you would be taking advantage of anything. You are helping people and there's nothing wrong with making some money along with it.

The key is, and the reason it's not taking advantage, is because you are helping them. You aren't giving them flaky advice or taking their money and running.
jbwood

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 am

Thank you once again for your encouragement.

Monna Ellithorpe
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby angienewton » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 am

Monna,
I think it might be a good idea to start this. I imagine it would be helpful to a lot of people. I know if I were to be widowed, I would want to find a place for support.

As for the blog, I would get a domain name through GoDaddy, hosting through Host Gator and set up a blog through there (it's wordpress.org) and can be done through Fantastico a pretty quick process. Then you just find a theme and get started.

Wordpress.org (the self hosted blog platform) is the best way to go so I would personally recommend doing it right the first time. You'll notice that Lynn recommends it too.

I'm interested to see how this evolves.

PS. Have you thought about writing your own report or e-book? Just a thought.
angienewton
Elite Member

Next

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics