[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - A question for the high rollers, leap frogging to the top • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

A question for the high rollers, leap frogging to the top

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

A question for the high rollers, leap frogging to the top

Postby Lohengrin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Lohengrin

Postby nar321 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:47 pm

The key is FOCUS and taking action. Thinking about it is fine, but just like a car that isn't running it's kind of hard to get anywhere in it. :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Lohengrin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:56 am

Oh I am definately taking action, I just decided to go with my gut and read while I drive instead (mad, I know).

But then, having said that, I can think of a few sites that have done the same and done well (dumb luck or pure brilliance? who knows). I just don't know of any IM related sites that have done that, which is why I asked.
Lohengrin

Postby Kathymcbain » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:52 am

Kathymcbain

Postby tknoppe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:56 am

If you knew absolutely nothing about marketing, business or the internet - then obviously some initial reading & learning would need to take place before you did anything. BUT, if you have at least a basic knowledge in these areas, you can learn as you go: the key is to take what you know and ACT on it. You can have a head full of knowledge all the gurus can provide, but if you never act on it - you'll never be successful.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:47 am

Learning is definitely a key ingredient to the mix when you want to get started in marketing, or any business really.

These days just about everyone seems to be a "guru" and I personally find it exhausting. I don't want to be a guru, nor do I really want to learn from someone that calls themselves a guru.

So, in my case I just sort of watched what was going on around the net, looked to see what others were doing to see who had ideas that I liked and that were similar to my own ideas, values, and thoughts. Then I chose who I wanted to learn from.

Where did I end up when all was said and done? Here, of course, to learn from Lynn. I'm learning from a few other places as well, but SSWT & Clicknewz are the top of my list when I need business information these days.

Not only am I here learning from Lynn with her webinars and the loads of free fantastic information she provides us with, I've found this to be one of the most knowledgeable forums around, without all the fluff and "buy this" stuff you find at other places.

So, my very long winded advice is to quietly watch and listen ... find a marketer who has a style and ideas that you like and admire, then learn from them in any way that you can.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics