[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Questions about e-books • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Questions about e-books

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Questions about e-books

Postby laylagrace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 pm

1. When you create an e-book do you set up a website just for that e-book or is it fine to just sell the e-book on your blog?

2. Is $7 the magic number for selling these e-books?

3. Are there specific sites that are just for selling e-books and you can add your e-book there as well as selling on your blog to make more profit?
laylagrace

Postby emarketer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:58 am

Hi Layla,

Answers to your questions:

1. Depending on the type of ebook and if you want to make a lot of money and want people to take you seriously, it would be better to sell it on a website with it's own URL.

2. The price depends on the niche. I've seen some popular ebooks sell for $7 all the way up to $97 and more. You should do some research and see how much similar ebooks are selling for.

3. You should consider selling your ebook on Clickbank or CJ. If it's a popular niche and you have a very nice landing page, affiliates will sell the ebook for you. In conjunction with that, there's nothing wrong with selling it yourself as well.

But remember, your product and landing page has to look very professional in order to make a good profit.
emarketer
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:23 am

If the book is about the topics on your blog there's no particular reason to put a sales page on a separate domain. There's various alternatives so just see what works

All The best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi Layla,

emarketer and Alex have both said what I would have said, so there's not much I can add at this time.

Others may come along soon and say things I'm not aware of.

I use a separate domain and web site for my ebook. My price is more than $7. In fact, before I joined this Forum I was seeing ebooks sellilng for an average of $15 to $24.95. I've also seen ebooks for $47 and $97.

I believe there is a fee to sell using Clickbank, but as emarketer said, affiliates can help sell your ebook.

In the end, I think you have to do what is best for you. At some point, perhaps you could try both methods to see what works best.

Good luck.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics